We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sun Tan Product

Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Best Sun Tan Product

What product do you use to get the best tan.

Brand name and SPF.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Hi There!

Australian Gold is great and smells delish!

I use # 4 and # 8 on the body and then kick into a 4 oil after my base is re-established. For the face, neck and chest, # 30 by Guinot, it's top notch and I swear by it! Guinot is available in certain Salons. Another good face protector is Neutrogena's # 30. It's very silky-dry and not greasy. I always get a great tan with the above numbers / products.

Bubbygirl

Windsor, ON
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

I too use Australian Gold (I used SPF 8) with the built in bronzer. It gives amazing color and I didn't burn at all. I also purchased a clear zinc stick this year for my nose and lips and eyelids because they always seem to burn but I am very happy to report I did not come back looking like rudolph. Great stuff. Picked it up at Meijers for about $4.

Hope this helps.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
318 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Last year I went to Punta Cana and used the sport type aerosol spray/no rub sunblocks, starting with a 30 and working my way down to a 15. These were "waterproof" but what I'm finding is you want a "sweatproof" sunblock. I went home with a red, tender hairline!

This year - Puerta plata!!! And sweatproof sunblock:)

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Got to go with the Australian Gold as well. Found it in Florida about 4 years ago, and have been using it ever since!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Does anyone know where you can get the Australian Gold in Nova Scotia?? Somewhere convenient?

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

bump

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Carribnut, try Wal-Mart. I got Bannana Boat tanning oil/spray with SPF 15 just recently from there, but I also say Australian Gold as well. Happy Vacation:-)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

I'm curious about the built in bronzer (never used on in a suncare product). Does it not streak if you sweat or if it wears off? Is it like a self tanner?

Bubbygirl

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

I bought Australian Gold from my gym (Fit for Her) which has a tanning bed. Originally I thought it was only for sunbeds, but on checking the bottle it is all purpose. Love it!

:)

SC
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sun Tan Product

Australian gold - www.drugstore.com