We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

What does anyone think of this adults only? Or is there a better one in PC?(I've been to Excellence-want to try something else)

Please tell me the best resort for couples only

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

Hello,

My boyfriend and i just returned from the Ambar last night and it was the say the least AMAZING...

the facilities, the food, the beautiful rooms...EVERYTHING!!!

i am going to post a review tomorrow about the hotel so please read it to get more info. also feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

~L

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
501 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

just returned as well.........last comment is bang on........... Exceptional resort & one of the nicest stretches of beach for an hour walk either way. Ate a la Carte every night & food was good to very good and service top notch. I also posted a review & should be out in a day or two. I tried to Offer some tips.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

Can anyone comment on the night life at Ambar?

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

I'm wondering how tight they are on the dinner dress code?

Would I be able to wear jeans, runners and a T-shirt to the dinner buffet? Or am I going to have to do the kahki, collared shirt and dress shoes thing?

Are sandals acceptable?

I'm going to Ambar May 30 - June 6th. Looking forward to it.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

This is the the Bahia ambar emailed me when I asked about dress code.

I would like to inform you that short pants is not allowed in the main buffet and a la carta restaurants at nights. Have to use long pants and can be jeans.

We are leaving on Monday so we will see. Hope this helps

Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

Just returned from the Ambar, and yes, it is very nice. Rooms are a good size and clean as is the entire resort. Service, however, is "hit or miss", e.g. a la carte service really was not great on either the Ambar or PC side; at the morning breakfast buffet at the Ambar we would often have to ask 3 - 4 times to get a cup of coffee mainly because there was only one waiter serving coffee for the entire restaurant; service in the lobby bar was very slow; service at the swim up bar very slow - many times we gave up and swam away...... The resort is lovely but the service is not 5 star. It's not horrible, just manage your expecations in this area. Food is pretty good - pretty much the same thing everyday at breakfast and lunch, but it was tasty. A la cartes are just fair, and again, service needs some major work - both in training and more staff. The waitresses in the lobby bar were lovely and very friendly, just understaffed.

Night life is so so. We weren't really looking to party but from what we saw it seems pretty quiet. The karakoe bar was fun but they allow smoking inside which is pretty gross if you're not a smoker!

It's a nice resort, beautiful beach and surroundings. Not sure I'd return though if I was looking for a true 5 star.

7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16