We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
long Island NY
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

I read in a review that someone actually stepped on SHELL!!! I can't believe they do't clean their ocean better then that. I even saw a picture of another "guest" with a STARFISH! Can you imagine the horror!!! First no lounge chair or personal palm tree for shade and now this? What are these resorts doing about these horrible conditions?

Note for some: The above is an exageration of some of the inane reviews i have read here and is not in any way meant to denegrate the DR or her peoples. LOL

long Island NY
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

BTW if I dont return please honor my last request and do not send anyone to look for me. i would not want them to suffer as I very well may have to.

London
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

Makenna - you are just like those red shirt guys on the original star trek....please be brave.

Boston
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

Makenna that is true bravery to go to a land with such unbelievable horrors! We cannot thank you enough for this! We will await word from hell....if a big swell, or mosquito, or sun, or hot and cold meals, and uneven sand, with shells in the ocean, salty water, cockroaches, top shelf liquor, loudness, gravity, heat and humidity, don't get you first. Peace be with you on your future journey!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

Makenna,

To be on the safe side, you better take someone along with you to watch your back. I volunteer, I have no small children to worry about leaving motherless. I know that my husband won't mind, he will, I am sure agree that you should not be forced to face these horrors alone.

I am ready, willing and able AND I have actually in my life seen a Starfish, so I know what signs to look out for.

long Island NY
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

OK blondie you are in and my wife who didnt want to go anyway is out....I told her this could happen...LOL

LOndon Ontario
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

I can't believe seven pages and no one has mentioned the brown water that keeps coming out of the taps at the bar area.

I complained and all they would say is "DOS" what the heck!!! i kept going back to see if it got better as the day went on but no luck. it was like that all week.

To make matter worse i had brown water in my fridge in my room!!

Never again to that place, i'll try another resort next time

Boston...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

I thought long and hard but, you guys covered it all! So tomorrow I will be cancelling my trip due to all the various issues that seem to be a pervasive problem that must be dealt with! No longer will I be forced to drink those discusting fruity drinks and be forced to choose between multiple restaraunts and bars(How confusing is that? C'MON!) and sun and shade and relaxation and entertainment and etc......I need a real vacation not any of that stuff that goes on in the caribbean most of all the DR! ;-) 30 days and counting!

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

I've even heard that some establishments make you SWIM up to the bar, so you have to sit there in your soaking wet cozzies drinking those evil pina coladas which are bound to cause stomach upsets... how much more torture must we endure ;)

Please have courage Makenna - I too will accept the many challenges that may face me (Dreams - 17/24 April!!)

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

What a fun post, I am giggling still, especially about the Hola from leaport.

I must say I was not at all happy during our stay. My girls left for the kids club at 8am and stayed there all day. My husband and I were forced to have a leisurely lunch, take walks by ourselves on the beach (avoided the shells) and sit under a palapus sipping every island drink imaginable. Can you imagine a resort having the nerve to keep your children busy all day!!!!!!

To make matters worse, my fingers got dirty scooping quarters from the slot machine when I hit a jackpot. Don't they sterilize the money before loading it into the machine?!?!?!?! Ah, ready to go back and tell them a thing or two next Feb. Sooner if I get over my anger!

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: If this is true I am canceling my PC trip today.

Hey RI, are you making fun of my "Hola's" ...

Well FYI, 14 more days till I have to go through this torture !!!