We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

What are the rooms with two double beds like. I can't seem to find any pictures showing rooms with two double beds. Also does anyone know if the junior suites here offer two double beds?

I am travelling with a 10 and 15 year old is the Punta Cana or Bavaro a better choice for kids?

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

There are a variety of rooms in each building with two double beds. If you are looking for a room in the Punta Cana section that has the jacuzzi in the bathroom, you should ask to be placed in either building 2000 or 3000. Most other buildings have the jacussi located in the bedroom.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

The rooms look the same, only with double beds instead of one king.

I have to agree with Debbie about the two blocks, making sure your tub is in the bathroom.

The Punta Cana section would be best for you and the children, as everything is centrally located for your convenience, rather than the Bavaro which is more spread out.

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

Thanks for your help. Have either of you stayed in a room with double beds? Also if the tub is in the washroom does that mean there is a separate shower in there?

Do you mean centrally located in terms of the pool, beach and restaurants being closer together?

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

We have only stayed in rooms with King Size beds. All rooms that I have seen have a seperate shower stall.

By more central, I mean that the Punta Cana section is in the centre of the resort. Each section has its own pool, restaurants, etc. The Punta Cana section is not as spread out or as large as the Bavaro section.

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

Thanks Debbie.

Which block of rooms would be the best for location to most things ie: pool, beach etc...

Are there activities going on around the pool in the Punta Cana section and do they include older kids?

Also what are some of your favorite restaurants to eat at and at the a la cartes how do you reserve these? I heard it is different than other resorts.

Any info would be useful.

Thanks.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

Buildings 2000 and 3000 are located on each side of the pool and just across from the lobby and buffet restaurant.

There are activites going on at the beach and around the pool at various times of the day and include everyone who wants to participate. They also have painting in the afternoons at the Palace pool.

Your kids will love it there. The entertainment staff goes out of their way to make sure that a great time is had by everyone. They absolutely love kids.

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

Thanks again debbie. Your help has been great.

Any info on your favourite restaurants or better buffets for different meals??

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

bump

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

The Bavaro has the largest buffet with the most assortment. We really enjoy the Palace and from what I have heard it has recently been refurbished. (Can anyone confirm this?)

Our favorite specialty are the Mare Nordstrum and the Gran Mariachi. Last year we also really enjoyed the Spanish. We did not like our meal at the Seafood restaurant. Our steaks were like shoe leather. Friends enjoyed the chicken there though.

Since there no longer is a reserveration system in place, we might just try each and every one of them during our two week stay this time.

The Punta Cana buffet has a soft serve icecream machine. They have vanilla, chocolate and a vanilla/chocolate mix. Delicious!

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana question?

Thanks again Debbie.

So with no reservation system do you just show up at the restaurants and wait to be seated? How many a la cartes are there?

If you think of any other info that I might find helpful I would love to hear about it.