We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping and jewelry

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
819 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
shopping and jewelry

Can anyone tell me about the new shopping center (mall) and about Nicoles jewelry store? What shops are in the shopping mall and what are the prices like? Is Nicoles jewelry store a dominican jewelry store similar to Harrisons? Where are they located? I will be at the PCP and am hoping to be able to spend a little time moving around and browsing off the resort. Thanks for the advice

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping and jewelry

Good Morning !!

The PPR Mall is located about 10 -12 minutes outside of the PCP (which is the resort I visit twice a year.. you'll love it)...

It's not a very big mall, like we have here in the states. The prices are at least three times what we would pay here at home...

For example.. Crocks are $69.00 -$79.00

The jewlery & clothes are very overpriced. We only found one store that was reasonable, "Gift Expressions"

There is a Tony Roma's & Hard Rock Cafe there, so if you feel like a change in menu those are good..

I would recommend you visit The Bavaro Plaza located about 5 minutes from PCP. There are many stores to browse and find bargains (don't forget to barter)..And there is a Harrision's too..

Across the street there is also a small strip of stores and of course The famous Steve's Bar..

Good Luck !

Peace

Lea

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping and jewelry

I just have to say that I LOVED PC but hated shopping here. I just wanted to see something with a price tag on it & know that that was the price & I didn't have to barter.

Hence why we bought more at the duty free shops. They have a pretty good selection there and the prices are fixed.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping and jewelry

Lea-

Can you tell me how far from Edenh is the Bavaro Plaza? Can you walk to there? I got a ring from Harrison's when we stayed at Excellence last year. I love their jewelry, especially the "Harrison's Happy Hour" collection - my ring is reversable Larimer and Diamonds. And we really didn't feel like we got ripped off. I may need some earrings or something to match the ring! LOL

Deb

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping and jewelry

Hi Deb,

Edenh is about 10 minutes from Bavaro Plaza and there is a Harrisions there. I beleive it's a bit larger than the one at Excellence. They have a beautiful selection...

Enjoy!

Peace

Lea

5. Re: shopping and jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:20