We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

HOLA AMIGO'S

Can anyone provide some insight or valuable information that would help us as we prepare for our departure....we leave May 1.

Thanks...we are all sooooo excited. BRING ON THE SUN AND RUM!!!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

What is it that you needed insight or information about ? - can you be more specific so that we can assist you as much as possible.

John

Brooklin

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

anything....inflight service, transport to hotels, checkins, reps at hotel....are they present and attentative or are we on our own? We are also staying at Caribe Club Princess so where are the Signature block of rooms located? That sort of stuff.

I have never travelled with Signature or Skyservice so just want some information on what to expect. I am partial to Sunwing so I am expecting alot from Signature.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

I've travelled on SkyService twice now ... I made it a point this trip to make sure I was using another airline.

Skyservice has been nicknamed Sky"Squish" by some ... and in my experience this is fairly accurate. Very close quarters, very little room, and lord help you if somebody reclines.

Despite this, one benefit with Skyservice (flights I've been on) is that it seems like they often (only?) use smaller planes, which means all the seats are 2X2, with one aisle down the middle of the plane. Generally means quicker service, and either you or your partner will have a window seat.

They have a few sets on the plane where you can watch whatever the in flight movie is, but you'll have to pay 5 bucks for the headset.

Food wise I've found SkyService to be decent (as decent as airline food gets).

The best thing about the flight will be the excitement on the plane as everyone knows they are flying to paradise.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
889 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

We have used both Signature and Skyservice many times to Mexico and the DR. Planes seats are squishy but it's a short flight, only around 4 hours, food nothing to write home about but OK, movies are usually pretty good. I would recommend booking your seats ahead of time though. Coming back one year someone was late so it made the whole bus late arriving at the airport and we were at the back of the bus so when we checked in the only seats left single aisle seats and all the rows were 3 across so all of us were dispursed all over the plane. Now we book our seats ahead and that way we know we will all together if we happen to be late again. There are Signature reps waiting outside the airport to get you on the right bus, just look for the pink & blue shirts. You don't have to stay in the Signature block of rooms, just send your request to your hotel ahead of time and they will try and make it happen. We have always gotten what we have asked for.

5. Re: Signature Vacations and Skyservice out of Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 11:22