We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

Sorry if this question has been answered before ... I'd like to be prepared before hand so there aren't any surprises.

My flight back is not until 6:35 PM EST. From what I've heard, the shuttle bus won't leave the resort until around 3 - 3:30.

Check out at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar is at 11 AM I believe. I'm wondering if they will take the wristbands away at that time? I've heard they will put your luggage in a side room so you can enjoy the beach while waiting and allow you to use a public shower ... but what about lunch?

11 AM - 10 PM is a long time to go without anything to eat =P If this is the case though, I'm pigging out at breakfast that morning.

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

if you are not feeling sure about leaving your luggage in a side room inquire at the front desk about a late check-out it will cost you a few extra dollars but it is worth it as you know where your luggage is and can still use the shower or tub in your room and you will be able to eat anywhere as well. how many other people will want to use the public shower at the same time??? not for me!!! i would rather the extra and use the shower in my room.. if you want to have a rest before your flight you can as the wait at the airport is long and boring, but they do have a WENDY'S at the punta cana airport. wrist bands are usually removed as you board the bus to the airport. enjoy your holiday !!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

No worries, you can eat until you leave the resort. They will not take your wristbands at check out.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

Check out at the Bahia is at noon. They say you can stay til 5 and use the services no problem. If you were to leave later though, I can't imagine them booting you out! You won't need that much extension for your situation though so you'll have no problem.

I've left my luggage with the bellmen hours earlier than my departure, and I don't tend to shower before I leave the hotel. I like seeing my sandy feet on the plane and I don't want to waste lobby or beach time in the shower getting ready to leave. It's personal though! You could also book a massage if you wanted, and take a shower after that at the spa.

I always take pizza or something equally as portable from the buffet or pizza bar in a zip lock bag for travel. You can eat it in the airport or on the plane when it's convenient for you. Not the freshest maybe, but when you're feeling the pangs, it's delicious!

Kaki

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

Thanks all, that's a relief that I can still have lunch.

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

we had a late departure when staying at Excellence and then the flight was delayed a further 5 hours. We enquired to be sure and it was quite alright to use the facilities as long as necessary. We were told just to give our old room number at the restaurants. Actually had a pretty good day swimming and using the restaurants, then showered up at the spa before leaving.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

Any time we go to the DR we never take off our wrist bands until we get home. I keep hoping for a huge delay at the airport and they will transport us back to the resort but it hasn't happened yet.

7. Re: Flying Out Late -- Can I Still Eat After CheckOut?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 00:17