We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

size matters.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
size matters.

can anyone tell me what size the mozzie's are in the DR, are there spikes that they stab you with very long or are they small mozzie's. are they easy to see ? i'm terrified of these monsters , bg

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: size matters.

hello bearfoot, so glad you are here!!!!! all ok with you then. i was just trying to reassure you and mol, not to panic, you have booked and it is to late to cancel your hols now. everyone should go and see for themself what a country is like ,. that is why we have had the jags and are taking the pills , we know it is a third world country and things will not be like at home, i for one am going there to see how people live in these places. every country is different with different risks. even in our own country you have piosonous things and that are nastie. no probs so long as we are aware. bg

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: size matters.

I'm with you on that one, should have had the jabs years ago to go into my middle sons bedroom....he had a greenhouse in it for his lizzards/chinese water dragons etc...we had to keep 'live food' in the fridge! crickets and other bugs were always getting out his room and hiding in the telly or under the freezer, making noises all night... and then there was his socks! :-)

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
83. Re: size matters.

I decided to visit my GP this morning and ask about appropiate anti-malaria tablets for my trip. He thought it best I continue with the ones I had already been taking for The Gambia (Malerone is a combination pill) so he suggested that I should have Proguanil which is in Malarone. I will take 2 daily for 7 days before I travel and then 2 daily for 2 weeks, and 2 daily for 4 weeks on return.

I got them on perscription so will cost £7.10

Yvonne

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: size matters.

ok vonnie glad you are now sorted, luckely we up here in scotland have just had a reduction on prescriptions so it would be cheaper for us. bearfoot , what a laugh i just had , that was brilliant, ha,ha,ha, just like my sons room was when he was young. he has flown the nest now( actually i flew the nest first , then he went too ), but is keeping his flatg a little better than he did as a child, mind you i don't get to see into his bedroom now. so could be lots of strange animals in there. bg

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
85. Re: size matters.

Hey bg I got a bargain today I got 2 'Bens 30' mozzie spray for £4 reduced from £5.99 each. It is made in New Hampshire USA. I am geared up now to beat the monsters lol

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: size matters.

very good,you can't beat a bargain. i am going to buy some of the stuff a girl mentioned on the forum called bugmace, its made from flower extract so is non toxic to me and the environment, what a chemist bag we are all taking into this country, they will think we all drug running or something with all the anti mozzie sprays and stuff. bye the way what do you work at, you seam to travel a lot. ? just being nosy, bg

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: size matters.

are you out there yorkshire and lancaster roses, if you know how to click on a persons profile , then click on litereaders and read all the posts they have put out for the domrep, they are all scaremongering and anti the domrep. do not be scared about going now that you are so close to your holiday. love bg

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
88. Re: size matters.

Bg I qualified as a music teacher in 2006 so for the past 2 years I have spent working in Mexico, India, Nambia and Madrid. This September I will be working full time in the UK so I won't be able to holiday as much :)

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
89. Re: size matters.

P.S. I forgot to mention the USA to!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: size matters.

vonnie, go girl go, thats what i like to see, get out there while you are young and see the world. bg