We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,032 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

i am all for insulated travel mugs. Bubba's and the likes...in fact I have a couple small Bubbas that I use regularly. But here lies the problem.

Some feel that bringing a 52 ounce Bubba is a requirement for a great vacation. So...for others what does this do?

Firstly, to fill one of these oversized containers takes a few minutes...it totally ties up the beer dispenser, thus causing other guests to wait while Buuba gets filled to the lidline. It means that the bar you are recieveing from is far more likely to run out of beer until another keg is attached.

Today I observed a group of 4 Bubba Boys and Girls having a good heehaw at the fact that they were getting so much beer....while others waited patiently.

30 minutes later, I watched as the same people poured 75% of what was in thier kegs....onto the sand...and then proceeded back to the bar to repeat the cycle....BTW...this was not at the resort I work at, but one I was visiting.

Not only is this a major inconvenience for guests who are waiting for a drink...it is also a major cost on those resorts doing thier best to keep costs in line.

I can soon see the day where there will be policies in effect about the size of personal mug that will be refilled.

Please...those of you who feel it nessesary to carry 52 ounces of beer with you....unless you plan on drinking all of it...leave the monster kegs at home and be a good tourist!

Cheers from the beach

PCMike

york pa
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

I prefer the short 20 oz bubbas

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

I have said this many times that 20 oz mug is more than sufficient. I see so many people with the large mugs get them filled and keep dumping them out to get fresh drinks constantly. They will even ask for a 52 oz mixed drink and just dump it out if they don't like it. I have also seen many 52 oz chugging contests where the people will get obnoxious. If I were the resort I wouldn't allow the 52 oz mugs. 52 oz mugs are good for water and that is it! Good post.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,846 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

20 ounces aret the best, I have them and a 34 forbeer but it is too big.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

To All; I'm gonna get it for this and it's not PC but when I first saw one of those Bubbas I thought it should have a big, pink, smiling pig painted on the side. IMHO. Bob!!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

we had one 52 oz'er when we went to cuba but rarely used it, and when we did we used it as a pitcher to fill our 20 oz'ers.

Bathurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

We also have 20 oz and they do the trick I don't believe in wasting expectially a good cold Presidente.And to be honnest there is only so much beer you can drink.

New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

I look everywhere for a 20 oz ended up with a 34 I was like wow this is big . I dont think I would get it filled. I will ask them to just half fill it. I would fill it with coke and coffee

Quesnel BC
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

I tend to agree with you Mike.

I bought the 20 oz after seeing the 52oz I laughed thinking that anyone that could drink one of those in one sitting should be at an AA meeting and not at a resort! I did buy the 52oz for water as I am concerned about not having enough quality H2O when I am there and I could easily drink 3 52ozers of water when the weather is hot (as I'm hoping it will be). I am a firm believer of waste not want not, and would hate to be dumping out good booze on that beautiful sand!

New England
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

IMHO and I will probably get a lot of negative feedback but I think they should be banned altogether..I enjoy my cocktails but I think there is too much waste and for those that are drinking that much..I wonder if they would drink that much if they were paying for that amount if they weren't at an all inclusive??

Iraq / Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba Kegs...what is reasonable?

30 minutes later, I watched as the same people poured 75% of what was in thier kegs....onto the sand...and then proceeded back to the bar to repeat the cycle....BTW...this was not at the resort I work at, but one I was visiting.

This my friends is clearly "ALCOHOL ABUSE"

I'd give alot of money for that wasted beer over here in the desert!!! 117 degrees yesterday!

Some one needs a hostile USMC talking to........

Today I observed a group of 4 Bubba Boys and Girls

Clearly these are younger people.

AMATEURS!!!

Busting out of Baghdad SOON!!!!

STORM