We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Caribe Tropical

wolfville
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Caribe Tropical

Just got home two hours ago from this resort go with no worries great food,people would go again anytime,first trip to DR and wont be my last.

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

Cheers to that, we loved this resort too! Been home for a week though :(

NYC!
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

We're leaving on Wednesday and can not wait!

Bathurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

We've been back for a month now and I would return anyday.Melia is a great resort.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

Glad u had a great time. The Dominican is the best!!!!!!

DC Metro area
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

Just booked yesterday. Can't wait! Do they do planned activities on those nights? We are going Tues-Sat.

DC Metro area
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

One more thing... we are staying in Royal Service. Any room recommendations?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

25 sleeps to go and the wait is killing me!! we will be in RS also. would like to know the best rms with views also?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

Bump

I too am interest is RS room selections. I read building 48-50 is the best as you can get a pool view the best from them.

25 days and counting

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

The Melia was a great place. We were there two years ago. Beautiful people and grounds. Nice pool and beach. Room was very adequate. Would we go back? No. Why? It just wasn't for us. It is a huge place and we like a little less. (hardly hear that in a review, huh?) But that is the only reason. Everything else was fine. It is all in what you like and don't like about someplace. But there is definitely no reason for anyone to bash a place. Unless it is a complete disaster. And then all of the reviews will be bad. Just stating your findings(as they pertain to the hotel, not that they didn't have a lock down on bugs and you didn't have a washcloth for a day etc.) and don't forget to mention the positive stuff too.(then it won't seem like your whining) If you booked this place, you wont regret it. You may not find it the perfect place for you....Or you may. I honestly could not find any fault with the place. Just not my cup of tea.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical

Put the above on the wrong Melia post. Meant for "Just back" sorry but....I will copy there.