We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Can any one confirm the dress code please for GBP Bavaro...

Are flip flops and bathing suits that are covered up with shorts/vest top acceptable for the daytime meals?

What about evening - are t-shirts/casual trousers or shorts acceptable or is it more formal in the buffets at night?

If we're eating in any of the a la carte restaurants in the evening, what is the dress code for men and women, or does it vary by restaurant?

Thanks in advance.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Most islands are the same. use common sense.

Coverups and flip flops are ok for lunch. Dinner,

Men wear slacks, not jeans, and no open footwear for men.

Women wear nice stuff all the time and can wear open shoes to dinner.

Easy common sense.

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Thanks for the reply - you just confirmed what I was expecting but wanted to be sure.

My hubby isn't a shoe wearer, are trainers acceptable as long as they are with long trousers?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Yea I think trainers are ok for sure. I've seen that done many times. When are you going? my girlfriend and I are going on the 17th of may.

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
494 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Men just need to wear long pants even jeans in the a la cartes. They don't have to wear dress shoes - runners or sandals are fine.

At lunch swimwear is okay as long as you are covered up.

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

So he'd be ok for sandals then? rpmxx said no open footwear, seems silly that men can't wear sandals but women can? Or have I misunderstood...?

Re dates, we'll be there 1st June for 2 weeks, can't wait!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

On other islands Some of the upscale resorts dont allow open shoes for men at dinner. I personally think men should wear closed shoes too. Not dress shoes, just closed shoes but thats just me. Sandles at dinner for men to me is just taky.

Anyway its all cool, nobody will turn you away, but slacks are a must or good jeans. Just tell the hubby to pack 1 pair a khaki pants and all is cool.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

I'll be at Ambar ... Can I wear jeans and a T shirt with runners and a ball cap?

I'm serious ... I'm detest dressing up at dinner time in the Caribbean. I end up feeling too hot and uncomfortable, 2 things I totally don't want to be while on vacation.

I'm planning on bringing khaki's and a pair of dress shoes just in case my jeans don't pass the muster.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Sorry I forgot to mention ... at Ambar, Bavaro, and Punta Cana I believe that the policy is CLOSED TOE shoes only (I believe this includes runners).

I emailed the resort (Ambar) awhile back and they said jeans are ok ... any long pants.

I'm really wondering though if all this is true ... jeans and runners with a T shirt?

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
494 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

Yes sandals are okay as that is what I wore with longs pants.

Yes you can wear jeans, t shirt and ball cap if you so desire.

The only stipulation for men is long pants and they can be jeans.

Runners, flip flops, sandals, slides are all okay.

10. Re: Bahia Prinicipe Bavaro - Dress Code!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:19