We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuff like this drives me crazy

long Island NY
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stuff like this drives me crazy

from a recent review

All in all we would not return to this hotel especially since it is not cheap and other hotels we have stayed in the caribbean have been much better. Plus we were disapointed in the sea which although was clean had little to no fish!!!!! and we both love snorkelling.

The staff here also dont speak that good english which you would think they would especially since a lot of the custom is from USA and Canada.

I fully expect TA to rip this thread down but really...not enough FISH in the SEA?

and they "dont speak that GOOD English? Come on really!!!

lol

long Island NY
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

In advance i appologize I see my mean streak is back. I know the reviewer had issues and should let them be known but these two just got me laughing.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Perhaps he should take a fish tank on holiday with him (full of fish of course) and then he would only have to pop his head ( including snorkel) in now and again!!

Just a thought..............

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Its the one about the hotel having no face cloths, as seen in many reviews, that gets me.....I mean come on your in the Caribbean for gods sake whats the big deal. I bought 6 from Poundland over here take 2 with me then bin them but if I forget to take them and the hotel didn't provide I certainly would be that bothered that I'd mention it in a review.

sam

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
570 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Did the Sea have Sea Weed?

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

I hope the sea didn't have salt or sand in it either..........maybe instead of taking gifts for the maids we should all take a few fish and add them to the sea..........

sam

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

I don't know...as complaints go, I don't have a problem with this one. These folks say they love snorkeling. I think it was not so much a complaint that there weren't more fish to see, but more an observation and them expressing disappointment that an activity they enjoy wasn't as great as they had hoped it would be.

The complaints that bug me more are the ones folks have about a particular resort's amenities and facilities, when all they needed to do was read a few paragraphs about the place before they went but instead expressed extreme displeasure because something that was never advertised wasn't available. For instance, a recent IB Dominicana reviewer complains that the IBD-PC guests can't use IBB restaurants and facilities - mentions it a few times, like the vacation has been misrepresented to them. They also complain about the lack of a swim-up bar at the IBD-PC complex. Well, nowhere does it state that a swim-up bar exists! So, how can you complain about something that you wanted but was never part of the deal????

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Apparently the poster does not speak good English either.

I know my grammar is not the best, but when you are complaining about the lack of English, you should at least use proper grammar in your complaint.

massachuesettes
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

I myself thought there was too much salt in the ocean, which in turn may have affected the amount of fish in the area. Coincidence? I think not... :)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Maybe they should take the fish off the plates in the restaurants and put THEM into the water???

Come on, these people need to get a life!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stuff like this drives me crazy

Wow. You guys are harsh. Don't take the comment so literally. Take it in context. They found the snorkeling elsewhere in the Caribbean better because in other places they saw more fish than they did in the DR. They're not complaining that the ocean doesn't have enough fish!!! They're expressing disappointment in the snorkeling experience! Sheesh. You guys are absolutely, totally unforgiving.