We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Visas

Hi are we better getting a visa when we get there or should I apply here before we come?

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas

Hi Madmol,

Me personally i would say just get it when you arrive its fairly quick and straight forward, thats what we normally do all down to personal preference though.

When are you going?

Sweet xx

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas

i would get them on arrival too, you only have to wait for your fellow passengers in the transfer coach to anyway, and as previous post says, it's a very quick and easy process, one thing though, have a pen to hand in your bag because they do tend to "walk" from the desks.

xx mary

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas

Thanks for advice. We will get them there then .

We go on 26th May for 2 weeks, flying from Manchester ,staying at Riu Palce Macao and can't wait!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas

Sorry I forgot to ask - How much are they ?

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas

we're right next door in rui naiboa, flying out from Newcastle 1st June, not as classy as yours but hey i'm only sleeping there! have a wonderful time, i know you will cos once you've tasted it, you'll never do Europe again!!

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas

$10 in and $20 out per person i always keep the,$20 out in my passport once i've been given it back in resort.

xx mary

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas

Might be a stupid question but is the cost of the visa's consistently $10 per person as stated? Also where is this payable?

The reason I ask is that we went to Egypt last year and everywhere we looked beforehand it stated $15 per person, even at the airport. Unfortunately we never got to the 'official' desk and were herded out to a MedHotels travel rep (an Egyptian not English) - who then asked us for our visa money. When we handed over $30 for the two of us we were promtly told it was £15 per person and so we need to hand over £30 STERLING! I told him that we knew it was $15 each and not £15 as we'd read up about it, and had just seen the sign in the airport with the cost quoted. He simply asked 'have you been to Egypt before?' and when I said no he said 'well, I am telling you, its £15 per person' and promptly and blatantly ripped us off! We were so shocked we just let it happen too!

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas

Hi Mrs H,

Yes it is consistently $10 in and $20 out.

I cant believe they did tht too you in egypt tht awful.

Sweet xx

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visas

Thanks Sweet. I know I couldn't believe it - I would have complained to our rep, but he was our rep! I felt annoyed even though it was a small amount of money, he pocketed the other half we didn't have to pay and was not a great introduction to our holiday! Naughty really.

Mrs H

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visas

Mrs H did you go to Sharm? Cos if you did and weren't leaving the area you didn't need one anyway. You just write Sinai only on the back .we've gone for the last 3 years and seen loads of people getting ripped off just like you!

Someone had forwarned us before we went the first time and a lot of people had been conned.