We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Hi please can anyone suggest a family friendly all inclusive hotel for the Christmas/New Year period we will be a family of 3. I adult and 2 teens

Many thanks in advance

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

ocean blue would be a good choice, they also have rock climbing and bowling for the teens.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Thank you but could you tell me if this is the name of the hotel and where it is in general thanks again

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Ocean blue/ ocean sands beach and golf resort is located in Punta Cana and is great for teens. I went in o7 and loved it. They have no reservations needed for the a la cartes, so each night you can go to a different " sit down" restautrant and not have to eat the buffet daily if you don't want. The buffet was huge though. They also had premium brands of alcohol at all bars all day not just the lobby bar as many seem to do. THey also have 2 huge swimming pools with gradual walk in entry points, a sports bar that opended at 5pm till 5am, they bring out night time snacks around 11pm. The place is very beautiful! take a look at reviews and pics on here adn see if it is something you may like.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Hi,

I've vacationed over Xmas and New Years three times in PC, twice at the Palladium. Read my trip report for this past New Years at the Palladium Punta Cana. We had a great time with our family. It's a wonderful resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

which was the other resort you stayed at???

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

Hi thank you for both of your replies and your help I will look at both as need to get booking pretty quickly.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

lin, one year we stayed at the Melia Caribe over Christmas. Nice resort also, but I still like the GP

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

what is it about the gp that you like so much better. I liked the gp but it was just alright for me, nothing special imo. does the gp offer things that the melia doesn't?

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

We've always had friendlier service at the GP, the beach is cleaner, and the rooms at GP have the large jacuzzi tubs I so enjoy. I also liked the food selections better at the Bavaro buffets. In addition, we like being close to the little town of Cortecito, a short walk on the beach. Charter fishing for hubby and son is right there as well.

We've considered trying somewhere else again, but the price at the GP is always more suitable to our purse and we know what we are getting for our money. We've also been to the Iberostar Bavaro, again, a really nice resort, but I just like the GP better and it costs less. Tried the IFA Villas, costing much less, but really did not care for their resort at all.

I will say the Melia has a much nicer pool area and the outdoor beds are wonderful if you have the chance to actually get one. Just my opinion from experience. Everyone has their own favorite, the GP happens to be mine.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel for Christmas/New Year

fare enough, glad to get your opinion on these resorts as it is nice to hear what others experience whether it's a good one or not! I myself like to try a new resort on each vacation, sometimes yes we have compared it to others but for the most part, they have all been excellent vacations, differnt from one another but all good. Ifa was another one that is very reasonable with priceing especially for new years when we are looking at going. They did a Major reno in the past year and it looks good but i still don't know if it fits our needs??? It doesn't bother me not being right on the beach as most of the resort inp.c. are huge complexes and you have quite a walk at many of them anyway. What was it about IFA that wasn't one of your greater experience for you?