We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweaty Betty

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Sweaty Betty

Just wondered how humid it is likely to be when we a re there .We go on 26th May and just wondered if we will be dripping wet??

Hopefully the deodrant will be working at full strength!!!

Don't get downwind if not!

Is it a draining kind of heat? Will I have enough energy to lift my bubba keg??

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweaty Betty

Hey Mad,

It's pretty humid right now. We are just back on April 23, and it was already just about reaching DR max humidity, for sure. We are also regulars in July ( 54 more days) and it's just as humid then.

However, with the ocean breeze, you do not feel it..

have fun !!

Peace

Lea

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweaty Betty

never mind that mol -- make sure you don't drip in teh Bubba Keg, don't ant to water anything down. Just thought if i get a 34oz Bubba fill it, does that count as aqua arobics?

x mary

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweaty Betty

Hey Mary thats a thought! You'll have muscles like Popeye.lol!!

Won't be dripping in it as I shall only take the top off to fill it up, which could be pretty regular as I would hate to suffer from dehydration! as well as being a sweaty Betty.

If theres lots of flies round me and no sign of anyone else you know the deo didn't work!!

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweaty Betty

MMmmm bright pink bubba, swarm of flies..... must be madmol.:O)

x mary

Astoria, NY
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweaty Betty

The humidity kicks in as darkness looms...

As the breeze calms down, the humidity becomes more noticeable. Sometimes sitting around the beach bar can be a bit sticky. Trick is to find a seat that picks up ANY breeze that moves through.

And forget the disco, if it starts to fill up with dancing, sweating folks- even with the A/C it can be brutal.

That's why they generally 'bug bomb' at night. the air is calmer and the fog lingers where it needs to be.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweaty Betty

It is humid but the breeze makes it comfortable.

Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweaty Betty

Guess I'm lucky that I live in a high humidity climate, so this does not bother me as much as some. It is just a little warmer down in the Dominican Republic than in the deep south Texas, USA.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweaty Betty

Hi Madmol,

Hubby and I go for our anniversary each year, and this year we'll be there from May 25th through May 31st. It's indeed humid, but not as bad as Houston, Texas (*sarcasm on* if you've ever had the great fortune to visit *sarcasm off*).

With the constant breeze off the water throughout the day, the humidity doesn't feel that bad. The mornings are cool with only a bit of humidity, with the heat and humidity climbing in the afternoon. The evenings are cooler with nice breezes and lower humidity.

Don't "sweat" it - the weather is usually very nice that time of year. ;)

-Jen

Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweaty Betty

JBien,

I take it you live in/near Houston, Texas. I am over a little near Beaumont. Yep, the humidity does not bother me much down in the DR, I live with tons of water in the air!

lancaster, wi
Level Contributor
420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sweaty Betty

It gets pretty humid in Southest Wisconsin also. People always say why dont you go south during the winter. We have always went in June because of our children. (easier for school) We always like to get away early in June then when we come back and it is hot here we can cope quite well.