We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MD USA
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

What a great place.Any questions just shoot away

Ontario
Level Contributor
343 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

We will be there a week from now. Question about the Ambar lobby - I understand it is non-smoking. Is there an adjacent outdoor patio area with tables where you can smoke?

What time do you have to be at the beach for palapas?

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

I'm going on the 30th with my wife ... 19 more days!

Does the Buffet have an all you can eat "lobster" night? I want to make sure I'm not booked for an a la carte if it does.

Which was your favorite a la carte (include Bavaro side too if you went to those one's)

What can we expect for lunch?

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

I'm plannig on going in mid November and my questions are:

At lunch we can eat at the Bavaro / Punta Cana side, or just in the Ambar section, what can we eat at lunch and what is the best buffet?

There is some place to lunch near the beach?

The name of all la carte and the type of food in each include Bavaro and Punta Cana side, the number of reservations and if in one night we can dinner seafood in the buffet.

Thanks!

MD USA
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

There is a patio near the Amber lobby were you can have a drink and smoke.As far as getting a palapa at the beach i would get down there no later then 7:00a.m.For the lunch buffet you can eat at any of the buffet's down by the beach but the Amber is the best.The Amber buffet for dinner is the bomb,we cancelled one of our a la cartes to eat at the buffet.i do not know when they have lobster night

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

Thursday night was lobster night, they also had shrimp and calamari...we cancelled ala cartes as well to eat at the buffet and enjoyed it immensely. Wonderful buffet.

Wien
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

hmmm, I love lobster, calamari & scrimps - so I'm sitting in front of my PC and everythings getting wet *sabber*

only 10 days to go to the bahia principe amber ;-)

greetings

chipsy57

7. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe Amber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 07:16