We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

With only 19 days until we leave for Gran Bahia Principe Ambar, I'm thinking I should probaly email the resort with my a la carte selections, room request's and so forth.

We know from looking at the [url=http://image53.webshots.com/653/4/52/94/2745452940068459402GrOGsK_fs.jpg]map[/url] that villa 67, 64 or 60 are the closest to the beach.

Regarding the a la cartes, opinions seem to be all over the map ... the only a la carte it seems that is universally not liked is the BBQ one on the beach.

Out of all the many choices which should we pick? We'd like to eat at the buffet a couple times too especially if there is a Lobster night.

ottawa, ont.
Level Contributor
853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

I dont think they make ala carte reservations by email, ..Le Gourmet (great filet) Japanese ( its fun sit in a group around grill and they let you select your meats fish etc. I have heard The Grill is great..Mexican and Italian get mixed reviews we tried the mexican didnt really like it..these are in the punta cana side..you will have ambar choices as well...Have a great trip

Lisbon,Portugal
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

I would like to know also, because i plan i trip to Ambar also in mid November (lets hole hurricane season passed...) and in all my travels i prefer to dinner at the a la cartes then in the buffet.

Thanks in advance!

Ontario
Level Contributor
339 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

We leave for the Ambar on Saturday. I suggest you e-mail the hotel 1 -2 weeks prior to leaving. We have our a la cartes all pre-booked (confirmed by e-mail). You need to suggest the time for dinner as well. Our choices (this is our 4th visit to Bahai) -

Don Pablo (Gourmet - Ambar); El Olivo (Mediterranean - Ambar); Mikado (Japanese - Bavaro); Garden Grill (Steakhouse - Punta Cana); Seafood (Punta Cana). The BBQ closes down around this time in May--it is OK, but there is better! We asked for the Gourmet (Bavaro), but received 2 bookings for the Don Pablo, which is fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

You have to try the Mexican a-la-carte, it was very good. Who would have thought that the Mexican restaurant in the Dominican would taste better than the Mexican a-lacarte at a resort in Mexico!!

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
494 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

You don't have to email the resort ahead of time but you can. I would however book your a la cartes as you as you can after arriving. Another recommendation would be is to book your a la cartes on the bights you don't think you'll enjoy the buffet as the buffets have different themes every night. We were there two weeks ago and the a la cartes we enjoyed the most were The Garden Grill(Steakhouse), The Mediterranean, The Mikado(Japanese) and The Gourmet. Also like the Mexican and if you like fish The Pescador.

You can also check out the menus on line.

Alma, Québec
Level Contributor
144 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

Hi!

We came back from Ambar april 27th.

We really liked Don Pablo, the Grill and Café de Paris. Friends told us that they had a very good meal at Portofino (lamb).

The buffet was very good. Nice 'microcuisine' section. The Asia theme( wedneday, I think)was fantastic. Good sweet and sour pork. Sushis too!

They usually serve lobster (grilled or boiled) on caribbean night (tuesday..?). But I ate it some other nights too. You'll find it at Café de Paris or Gourmet (surf and turf) and at Don Pablo.

You will find the themes on a board near the Palmyra restaurant (buffet).

Enjoy your stay!

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

Thanks guys,

This is helpful. Can't wait for my trip!

8. Re: Need Advice! Gran Bahia Principe - Best A la Carte Choices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 07:16