We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rough Sea

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rough Sea

Ive had feedback today to suggest that the sea can be really rough in this part of the dominican. Has anyone else experienced this?

SC
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rough Sea

Yes! It has been known to blow the tops off us women!! Just kidding!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rough Sea

We just came back from Punta Cana (Majestic Colonial) .... the water was pretty clear. We were there for 6 nights. Some days the water was pretty calm and some days a little rough...I wouldn't say "really" rough. I don't like rough water and it did not bother me. We also stayed at 2 differant resorts over the past few years. The ocean at the first resort was very calm and crystal clear. Our second visit we found the water to be a little rough (once again...not rough by no means).

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rough Sea

Depends on the wind and the day. Most days its nice.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rough Sea

Depends on where you are too. We were at the LTI REsort and the water there was calm. When we walked the beach we noticed it was choppier at some other resorts than at LTI.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rough Sea

I went to the Majestic in January and didn't find the waters too rough, but just perfect for boogie boarding. I did sometimes get caught in them but I never felt afraid. I did go to Makow ( obvious wrong spelling) beach on a tour and it was quite a bit rougher. I got pretty far out a few times chasing the waves and had to be waved back in by the coordinators of the tour. It was a great time though. I found them to be just rough enough to have fun, but not to the point where it was scary.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rough Sea

The ocean is notoriously rough around the area of the Excellence Resort. Google search or check out the brochures and you can blatently see the "big" water. The closer to the eastern tip you stay, the calmer the water. If you opt for the south coast area around Bayahibe / La Romana, you will not be disappointed with the condition of the sea.

Bubby

7. Re: Rough Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 09:23