We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

Oakland, Maryland
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

I for one do not want to feel like I am part of a heard of cattle. And do not like to have to hop a train or golf cart to go from point A to point B. I like to walk to my destinations to the beach and perfer the smaller scale resorts.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

Agree!

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

well i guess, however i love Caribe Club which has a tram, but it is only to go to the lobby, i think i only took it twice this year, we just always walked, and the beach is right outside our rooms, so even though the grounds may be a little more apart, there are only 355 rooms, so it is a smaller resort compared to the ones that 1000 rooms, and i do prefer not having 1000+ people

Oakland, Maryland
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

Sirenis was alot of walking, Secrets was less but club Carabela was the best as everything was nearby including shopping and three really nice pools and the food was wonderfull. I just perfer a resort that has less than 400 rooms the service to my is better

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

We stayed at Grand Paradise and it was quite small compared to places where we have stayed before but we loved it. Reviews are mixed but we really really liked it.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

We stayed at Breezes, and yes, it is large. However, everything is so close together you can get to anywhere in the resort within 3 minutes walk. No trams there and that is one thing I loved about it.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone enjoy the smaller resorts in PC

We are going to Punta Cana Princess because it is a smaller resort but you also have the option to use the sister resorts if needed. So best of both worlds.