We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO! Beach Service at Majestic

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
NO! Beach Service at Majestic

Hey Oceangirl, guess you were the lucky one to get beach service. I was there every day on the beach and saw one guy serve a couple people in the palapas but only saw that happen once maye twice, I could not get anyones attention for drinks. I was told there was someone and i believe that there probobly is someone out there on the beach but good luck getting anyking of beach service. It's a big beach and one guy isn't going to do the job...

I don't think its funny Oceangirl... I was even waveing a $20 bill in case someone wanted to get us drinks cause that's what we are there for...

Maybe if you stuck under a Palapa all day close to the beach entrance but we actually hang out on the beach in the sun and we needed drinkd brought to us, thats what we expected and got no where close to anyking of beach service....

Mokena, Illinois
Level Contributor
622 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

Well now.

york pa
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

I had no problem getting beach service

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

When we were there 5 months ago we had no problem getting beach service and we only tipped the guy at the end of the day!

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

We were there in April of 2007 and never once saw a single person serving drinks on the beach. Now, that being said, we were not looking for them either. Maybe this is a new service since we were there.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

Whats wrong with going for your own drinks?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

We just came back from the Majestic. There was beach service. The didn't pay attention to us either.....a couple times we did get their attention and the got us drinks ... If there was no server around, we just go up and got our own drinks....it's not like it is such a along walk to the bar!!!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

There was no beach service when we were there. You just have to walk up the steps and there is a bar there. However service was very slow at the beach bar when we were there.

The service at the beach bar and the bathroom situation are two reasons we would not return to the Majestic.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

judy...perhaps i am confused...but you stated in your review...

"This is a wonderful resort and the works are great and I would definitely go back again but this is the reason for a review - you want the good and bad."

Have you had a change of heart???

just wondering...

PCMike

LA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

Judy, my wife hated the bathroom situation also, I had to go out to the balcony for her..

Also the beach is big, getting up everytime to get a drink in not how i want to spend my time at the beach so pretty much I spent half my time getting drinks at the beach. It's big deal... Everywhere else in the world I can get a drink brought to me, the Majestic needs to work on this, in Aruba or Jamaica and Mexico this isn't a problem at the least they have a bar ON the beach...

So this is a big deal, not cool!!!!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NO! Beach Service at Majestic

TS...did you not research the room layout? The resort has been open for 2+ years now and it is common knowledge here on the forums that the rooms are an open concept.

As for beach service, it is the exception...not the norm in resorts numbering over 500 rooms. Smaller boutique resorts can manage this, but can you imagine serving 1000 plus guests on a beach?

Anyways, i hope that you enjoyed your stay at one of the top rated resorts in all of the Caribbean.

Cheers

PCMike