We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Bavaro in May?

5 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Bavaro in May?

Hi, I'm looking to book a holiday to the LTI Beach Resort, Bavaro for 2 weeks from 7th May 2009 but keep getting conflicting information about the weather at that time of year. I've found websites telling me it will be hot, and others telling me i'll need to pack my umberella!

If anyone has been to Punta Cana/Bavaro in May before i would appreciate any information about what to expect weather wise!

Mentioned in this post
Dominican Republic
Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Bavaro in May?

We were at the Bavaro Princess May17 through the 24th.

The weather was beautiful..Sunshine everyday all day!

It rained one night about 3 PM but lasted for about 1 hour. The humidity was not bad either. It was hot but very pleasant in the shade. We always travel to the Caribbean during that week and with the exception of 1 week in the past 10 years have always enjoyed great weather despite what the weather stations predictions of clouds,showers and thunderstorms.

Mentioned in this post
North America
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Bavaro in May?

Hi mo jo,

we went from 26th May to 9th June this year and we got mainly cloudy days with a few showers the first week . The beginning of the second week nice first thing and then torrential rain and thunder storms. It poured down most of Wed .Then Thurs all change - lovely hot and sunny til we left the following Mon.

Apparently the 2 weeks previous had been lovely!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Bavaro in May?

welcome to the bord Mojo86.

i spend 13 consecutive Mays in Punta Cana,

it is the most beautiful time of the year for a PC vacation. mostly sunny skies, low winds, calm Sea, no overbooked hotels and it is low season so good to get a great deal for the $$$.

have fun

4. Re: Weather in Bavaro in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 13:18