We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

credit card fraud???????????????

york pa
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
credit card fraud???????????????

Just want to say been to pc 3 times. only used my credit card one time at majestic. no problems at all.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

Based of the number of resorts it seems to have happened at, I would suspect it is a leak well beyond the resort level...perhaps ebven back home wherever they process all of the transations ....no....not at home!!!!!

Anyways, some have posted some very good ideas, such as prepaided cards and low credit limits.

This morning...I saw no less than 4 advertisments for identity fraud on 3 different US based TV channels...if it was not a problem there...I really doubt I would see so much money spent on primetime morning advertisements!

Best word of advise...regardless of if you are at home or away...use only when it is an emergency...."for everything else...there's cash"....not Mastercard.

Cheers

PCMike

York
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

Too true, this can happen anywhere in the world. Care must be taken at all times. Used credit card for trips last year with no problems.

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

Always ! Always ! Always !

Use my cards in DR...

Santo Domingo's Finest...

Punta Cana...

Higuey...

Never had a problem in all my visits throughout the years..

But my neighbors sister up here in New York had someone open up three Credit Cards in her name and went off on a $28,000.00 shopping spree..

And things like that NEVER happen in New York !!

Peace

Lea

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

It can happen anywhere. My daughter went to Not Your Average Joe's restaurant and her credit card company notified her of unauthorized charges the next day.

US
Level Contributor
486 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

Yes , it can happen anywhere . I had somebody charge the small amount on my business credit card in Florida , when I'm in TX . I heard nowsaday those guy don't charge big amount , just a little one and not many people pay attention to that $10-$15 ...add it up they get a lot ....

Anyways , I'm going to Dreams next week and I will get a prepaid credit card for my husband and myself just for the peace of mind . I don't want anything happen when I'm on vacation and the credit card company can't hold on me . I can't go online everyday to check my balance to see any unsual charge on my account .....

So , prepaid credit is the best answer for me

6. Re: credit card fraud???????????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 17:18