We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence - question on reviews

Essex
Level Contributor
77 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence - question on reviews

Apologies if this question has been asked before but due to go to Excellence very soon. I'm very interested with the feedback reviewers receive. Specific to Excellence (put probably appropriate to any Punta Cana hotel/resort), any semi-negative, negative or abysmal reviews always receive low feedback scores. However, any glowing reports always seem to receive near 100% positive feedback.

Recent examples: Shera14 from New Jersey provided a seemingly detailed and objective semi-negative review on Excellence and (as I write) has a 1 out of 6 score on the ‘was this helpful review’ feedback. Whereas, IntTravler_17 provided a seemingly detailed and positive review on Excellence and (as I write) has a score of 8 out of 8 on the ‘was this helpful’ review feedback.

Is it a case of people not wanting to know about the negative aspects or of previous positive reviewers expressing dissatisfaction that their favourite resort has been marked down?? As stated, apologies if this has previously been raised.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,767 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

Hi

You are near enough correct in your assumption that people who are thinking about going to a resort will not tag a negative resort of it as helpful - some will worry like hell about it and others will simple dismiss it.

I do think however that the more you look at you can begin to tell which people are just having a pop at the hotel, those people that did have a bad time for whatever reason and those people who went with expectation that were perhaps too high in the first place.

All people are different, thank god, and one person's ceiling is an other person's floor

The problem is also that many of the people who read reviews seldom tag them helpful or unhelpful. Some people who do not like resort have been known to tag some glowing reviews as unhelpful.

What you will find with people who look at the reviews of Excellence in particular is that they will tend to discount a review where the person is saying the transfer time was long and bumpy and there was a lot of poverty which shocked them or that the beach was red/black flagged a lot or that the resort was very remote as these are all fact that the person could have established by doing some research.

Also people tend to discount reviews where the person is saying the exact opposite to what a lot of others have said.

I hope that helps - we will be back in EPC in September and fully expect to have a great time

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

Clifftours: I do believe that people who spend their hard earned money on vacation do not want to hear that their upcoming destination is less than glorious. I, and many others, so look forward to these holidays and read as much as we can on the chosen resort prior to going. I really don't want to hear anything bad about the place. That is human nature. However, I don't think it is fair to be critical of a reviewer's experience. Ask questions about what that reviewer did or did not like about that resort but please don't mock or ridicule in this forum. I took a lot of heat about my Edenh review( which was not a positive review) and also my Iberostar Costa Dorada review (which, by the way was not really a negative review-just factual). My reviews both got downgraded and I thing what I stated above is the reason. Someone told me to stop whining re the Edenh review and then when she went, her review said she would not go back there! Everyone of us has a different perspective on things in life and it goes to show in the different opinions of resorts visited. All that being said, we have been to Excellence 2xs and absolutely loved it. Have a great vacation! Sue

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

I noramlly give them bad ratings if they are short and give no real helpful infomation regardless if they are positive or negitive.

If they complain about things that "I" find ridiculous i also give them a negitive review.

Majority of the time when i do rate reviews its only those that have obviously taken their time to write be it good or bad.

When pictures are posted i normally always rate them as well.I find those that take their time to post pics are better reviewer then those who dont.

That being said i didnt add photos to my last review on Excellnce because we had computer issues that have since been fixed but i already submitted my review and it has been posted for week ro so now.

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

SusieT,

I hear you about the reviews. I have been emailed by 4 different people asking why i only gave Excellence Punta Cana a 4 star instead of a 5 star.

Even though we had a great time and would go back and have since referred family and friends to the resort we thought a few things were not quite 5 star rating.

Doesnt mean the resort isnt great but it can be better.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,767 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

Kaliman

Such things really hack me off - you are entitled to write a review as you see a place and if you feel it is 4* to you it is 4* so why should people message you and ask why it is otherwise.

It also hacks me off when someone posts a negative review of a place and a supporter of the resorts starts a thread being critical of the person who has written the review.

I will admit that on the very odd occasion I have joined in on these threads but only normally to say the everyone is entitled to there opinion. The only time I will be critical is as I said earlier if the people appear to have done no research before they went somewhere or are saying things that are obviously untrue about a resort.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

Flip Flop,

I have to admit that I have taken a reviewer to task about their review when they are complaining about the weather, the road, the sand, the surf, because for the most part these are out of the control of the resort.

What really gets me going is when someone makes a post about the spoken language at a resort, there seems to be a tendency to, at least with Americans, to expect English to be the spoken word. Add to that the complaint that the food was not like they can get at their local McDonalds.

Otherwise, you are correct in that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

personally, I've seen enough very good reviews to know the place is all we are looking for.

I read them all...good and bad. I've learned a whole lot of valuable information.

Most of the time, when a reviewer gives a solid review...I will give it an approval rating and will also send that reviewer a compliment.

Only a few times have I given a disapproval. Mostly because the review just wasn't that helpful. And in those cases, never have sent a message. Just not my style. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

And many times. I don't do either. Just read it and move on.

I appreciate everyones input. Has been very helpful to us!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,767 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

It is slightly linked to this question but I have had to chuckle as my review of Excellence Playa Mujeres runs to more than 2800 words and has 97 pictures. It also took TA three attempts to publish it as their vetting software deleted it out twice.

Anyway so far even with all the detail ii contains in the text and with all the pictures five people have still said it is unhelpful - I am I bothered NO as loads of people have messaged me to says thanks for taking the time to do it.

That apart I enjoyed doing it.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

Taylorscock,

Hope you guys are getting rain up there. I agree with you that I read all of the reviews, not the rating as to whether they were helpful, I don't think I have ever rated a review. But I do find that reading them all gives me an overall view of the property. As they say the good the bad and the ugly.

Flip Flop, you keep writing those detailed long reviews, I, for one, like reading a long review. It tells me two things, the first of course is almost everything that I would like to know about the property. But secondly it tells me that the person who took the time to write that long of a review really and truly has been there and cares. Whether it is good or bad.

As I said the ones that drive me crazy is the reviews where they complain about the weather and that is relected in their overall rating of the resort.

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence - question on reviews

FF,

Really? 5 people found your review unhelpful? LOL Guess you should have made it longer with a few more pictures then. :)

There arent that many people willing to spend the time to post a thorough review like you.

When they do take the time i make sure to let them know i appreciate it. The more info one can share the better informed others are.