We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Questions

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catalonia Questions

Hey! Was at the Catalonia Bavaro resort a couple of weeks ago (jun 22-29) and had a great time. Anyone have any questions? Or for those that have been already, any memories you want to share??

I posted a long review today (should be up soon) so take a look for my opinion.

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Questions

Hi there, we go to the Catalonia Bavaro on New Year's eve 2008 for our honeymoon, can't wait! Can you tell me if you ventured out for any day trips, or did you stay at the resort?

Thanks!

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Questions

Since it was our first time, we stayed at the resort for our entire trip because we wanted to experience the resort as much as possible but there are tons of options in terms of excursions. If you are going through a tour company, you'll have a rep onsite and they will go over the kinds excursions with you.

Chicago
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Questions

I plan to go there with a 3 & 6 year old in Feb. 2009. Did it seem to you that it was a "child friendly" resort or if it had a decent kids club?

Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Questions

Hi looking forward, did you get "attacked" by the (always) hungry geese? We loved the way they would look up at you, then bend their necks down to see if you had dropped any food for them.

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Questions

Chicago- There were a lot of kids around when I was there and it seemed like they were having a good time. The staff members are great with the children, right down to the entertainment team at night. Before the adult show at night, they have an interactive show for the kids. They also have kid-friendly food such as hamburgers and pizza with fries and such if that's their thing. I personally did not go to the kids club but I did see the building by the pool. The only issues could be the amount of topless women at the beach/pool and the lack of lifeguards at the pool/beach.

Nickpieman- Fortunately I managed to avoid the attacking geese (but I did see them around) but those birds around the main buffet are low-flyers… if you’re not paying attention, they can decapitate you lol. How I miss that place :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,415 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Questions

Where is the Royal section in relation to the main resort?

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Questions

It depends on where you want to go to (and which of the villas you are in). But it's about a five to seven minute walk maximum. Because the Royal side is on the farthest right of the resort, anything along the right side (the main buffet, the shopping area) is closer than say the Mexican and Steakhouse restaurants since it's on the farthest left of the resort. The main pool isn't that far either. The grounds are definitely a distraction enough that you don't even realize you've been walking for that long and the pathways are half-covered in case it's raining or too sunny.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Questions

Hi Look,

Did you stay on the Royal side? And who was your Tour Operator?

thanx

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Questions

No, I stayed on the regular side. We went with Nolitours.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,415 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Questions

Looking

Sorry I am still a bit confused - I have seen a map, see link below:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…17899149

So is the Royal Section just a group of villas on the same complex on the RHS towards the ocean or when you were saying RHS did you have your back to the ocean?