We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do you bring

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
do you bring

does anyone bring their own beach towels?

Florida
Level Contributor
398 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do you bring

no they bulk up the cases too much when flying, the resorts have them

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do you bring

Absolutley positively not - every resort has a towel area.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do you bring

Some people bring bright colored towels for easy lounger identification. I usually have a bright beachbag that I place on top of one of the loungers while we swim. Easy enough and not an extra thing to pack as I use the beachbag as a carryon for the plane.

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do you bring

We ALWAYS do so we can identify our "spot" among all of the people. There have been times when resorts run out of towels and we ALWAYS have one. I use the towel to wrap up any delicate items that I might have purchased for the trip back home.

Happy traveling!!!!!!!!!!! (with or without your own towel!)

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do you bring

I always do but its a thin beach towel not a thick one... folds easily right on top of the clothes..its what I use to tuck everything in the suitcase and its bright green so I can always find my chair on the beach.

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do you bring

We didn't bother the first time, and it was fine so if you are stuck for weight don't bother. Since then, we have taken our own just to help identify our beds (we saw quite an argument by the pool when two lots of people claimed the same beds!).

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do you bring

Yup. I do. I like to have more than one towel, and the resorts limit you to just one of theirs (and, hold you financially responsible for it!!!).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: do you bring

Never brought towels on our previous trips - but I purchased really bright coloured patterned beach towels, almost flourescent-lol-for our next trip. Will make finding our chairs really easy and they are not thick at all-but large so won't take up much room once they are folded. Can't wait to use them, regards, Leigh

connecticut
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: do you bring

butterflies79, usually I do pack beach towels ..for the main reason everyone else says: easy identifier.. but this time I didnt (worried about the weight issue) and it worked out fine,,when finished for the day just went to the towel hut returned them and got new ones for next day.. but as poozieny said you are financially responsible for them ...if something should happen...so that is something to think about.. even though all worked out well,, I think for our future vacations we will pack our own towels..

Have a great time!

Kathi

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: do you bring

No as we have never had a problem getting them at any resort we have stayed at