We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
908 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Hi everyone

Im going to try to do a daily post so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

It is my first day and there has hardly been a cloud in the sky. I have not felt so relaxed in years!!!

Everyone is smiling and no one is stressed. All the staff are obviously working very hard but can not do enough for you.

We got in last night and were quite tired so we had tea, one drink and then went to bed.

I woke up this morning and my holiday mode had switched on.

This hotel is amazing, it is not full at the moment and not all of the bars are open but to be blunt there is no need for it. We haven´t had to wait for amything.

The room is massive and the loo is not a biggie. We were upgraded thanks to Annmarie to a partial ocean view majestic colonial suite. it was so nice to walk in the door and have a fruit platter and champers chilling waiting for us. needless to say I got the flutes out and was enjoying it whilst unpacking.

Today we had brekkie at the buffet restaurant, there was so much to choose between. I really can´t understand how people can people saying there is no choice.. it was v tasty too. No need for additional seasoning.

We spent the day in the pool and my freckles are starting to come out and my nose is not quite red yet.

I heard a shout "Lucy" this morning and it was Tripper who was already out here. Marie and Terry are great and gave us loads of hints and tip.

Paella for lunch with Presidente. Pool swim and then snooze. I had a quick shower and blogging here now.

Beachparty tonight!!!

Right thats enough for me folks. pm me or add to the thread if anyone has any questions. In the meantime Im going to bore you with a diary of our stay.....

Love and peace to all

Kitty (Lucy)

xxxx

ohio
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

glad you are enjoying yourself!!! I bet its much deserved.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Have a great vacation.....the Majestic is a fabulous resort.

kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Oh you are so lucky, I still have a month and 13days till I'm there!Have a great time and a presidente for me!

Mississauaga
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

"Today we had brekkie at the buffet restaurant, there was so much to choose between. I really can´t understand how people can people saying there is no choice.. it was v tasty too. "

No one ever goes into detail.

I'm going to this resort also,

Can you tell me if they have bacon, and scrambled eggs that look good enough to eat? That's all I ask and our resort we stayed at litterally did not have this.

Can you please keep an eye on that as I feel the resorts use a lot of 'trickery' to make people think there is 'sooo much' food when there aren't even the basics being served: eggs and bacon.

Now i'm sure this resort is better of course than the GBP. Also, how much of the resort would you speaks English? Do you hear it around often (i'm talking about guests not staff).

Also the bugs would be good too if you could tell us abit about that and if the resort is spraying for bugs.

Thanks!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Lucy - I am soooo glad you are enjoying your vacation - the resort sounds wonderful - I hope you have a great time at Steve's bar - I believe BG is going with you - can't wait for further updates, Kindest Regards, Leigh

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

mikedavid...I will ask again...when is your trip to the Majestic? Have you already booked?

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

I'm so glad you're having a fabulous time Kitty at the Majestic. Your experience is exactly as mine was last week and the week before last - just amazing!!

Enjoy everything the Majestic has to offer. I wish I was right there with you. A hello to everyone for me, specially Annemarie that treated us so nicely.

As far as the above questions...

The Majestic does have eggs and bacon for breakfast (can't imagine any other resort not having it ??). I had a bacon & cheese omelet on most mornings cooked to my specifications.

As far as no one going into details about the buffet and the amount of food, weell there is so much to list and pretty much it is all tasty. I agree with another poster in another thread in that you can go plenty of days without repeating the same breakfast. Please be adventurous and try food that you wouldn't otherwise try at home. You will more than likely be surprised at how healthy and tasty it is.

About guests speaking english at the resort, I did hear guests speaking english. However, I didn't go around polling the language they spoke. I spent a lot of time speaking to staff instead and hearing their point of view on topics we discussed. They are all truly amazing and will bend over backwards to help you in any way they can.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

How is the Majestic Elegance looking and do you know if it is on time to open. I hope it is as nice as the Majestic. Thanks

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
835 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

Dear Lucy,

I haven´t been in the hotel in the past two days, that´s why I couldn´t meet you. But I hope you stop by at the guest services desk I really want to meet you.

I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your room.

See you very soon.

Regards,

Annemarie

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Im here on my hols at the Majestic. Wow it is fabulous!

AnneMarie - that is awesome that you did that for them!!!! It's cool everyone here can ask questions and get answers, share opinions and then have someone from teh resort there to also help us out!

Cool....... See ya in January!