We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Service Star Class

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Topic
Sky Service Star Class

Did I hear correctly that Sky Service is going to be changing over their planes as of Nov 1/08 to include a Star Service? I am sure that I read that somewhere on here, but I can't find it.

We fly out of Saskatoon, such a small center that our options are quite limited. We are so spoiled with Club Class on Air Transat, but now we found out they are using planes with economy seats only...I know...spoiled.

If anyone with info on this would comment it would be appreciated. Meanwhile I will keep looking.

Thanks, Jo

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Service Star Class

So not worth the $200.00 per person. It's not a separate business class section, and the boxed meal is the same as everyone else.

Minimum 35” seat pitch - more leg room!

Priority check-in and baggage handling and priority boarding - avoid long line ups at either airport

Baggage allowance of 30kg per person

Complimentary bar service onboard

Complimentary headset on Southbound flight

Complimentary Seat Selection (Value of 30.00 P.P R/T)

ardrossan,alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Service Star Class

I have just booked the star class, and think that even for the money, any way I can feel less like a sardine for 7 hours, is worth it. Also, not standing in that line for an hour to check my baggage is worth a lot! It is a lot, but I think it's worth every penny.

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Service Star Class

We just returned from Punta Cana this past weekend having used Skyservice as our airline. We will not be choosing them again unless perhaps we could book with the new star class. We normally travel with Air Transat out of Toronto or use Air Tran out of Buffalo when travelling which both allow you to upgrade to Club Class or business class. I had flown with Skyservice a few years ago and forgot why they are known as "SquishService" - after a one hour delay on the tamarmac and then the four hour flight I remember why now! The staff are great, but if I were you, I'd pay the extra money.

Ontario
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sky Service Star Class

If the price was right, I would probably sacrifice some degree of comfort in order to more easily afford the trip. We have gone with Sunwing and Sky Service; both a bit cramped, but tolerable.

Having said that, we have usually found, after plenty of searching, some pretty good deals flying on Air Canada; AC Vacations and sometimes Conquest also use Air Canada. They don't use a charter seat configuation and thier economy seats still have a 32 inch pitch. This year we are going with Westjet who also give you a 32 inch seat pitch. We fly out of Toronto, so I guess our flights are a bit shorter.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sky Service Star Class

Does anyone have any info regarding Sunquest Vacations and the planes they use? Do they offer Star Service?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sky Service Star Class

We did finally settle on Signature Vacations - Sky Service Star Class going to the GBP Jan 15. We decided to spend the extra $$$ to have a few extras. See you on Bavaro Beach...I can hardly wait.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sky Service Star Class

The Star Service is only available with Signature Vacations, but Sunquest has something similar.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sky Service Star Class

What does Sunquest have? I researched quite extensively, and only came up with the fact that Sunquest uses Sky Service planes with econo seats only. They have no planes with Star Class section. For that reason we booked Signature.

I envy the options you have flying out of Calgary!!! Unfortunately for us, that requires an overnight usually each direction. And the added cost of the connection, not to mention the hassle. Oh well, I just feel fortunate to be able to go on a winter vacation.

JO

9. Re: Sky Service Star Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 02:18