We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Decorations At Resorts

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Decorations At Resorts

Does someone know approximately when do the Christmas decorations go up in the various resorts?

Thanks.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

I can not tell you exactly when they go up but I can tell you that both resorts we have been at for the holidays the decorations were stunning!

There is nothing like stepping out of your transfer and into the beautiful lobby, so Caribbean and breathtaking on it's own, only to find yourself transported to a world full of lights and the vibrant colors of the season.

It is a balm on the soul.....

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

That is exactly what I would like to experience OBX. I can also "feel" it by your description.

Here in the states Christmas decorations go up right after Thanksgiving. Looking to see what others have experienced in their travels.

I cannot believe we haven't been back too long and I'm already contemplating another trip. LOL

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

You will NOT be disappointed.

I would ask PC Mike or even AnneMarie as they are both employees at resorts and would have a true answer for you.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
606 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

We've been at two resorts before Christmas.

The decorations went up the end of November, first part of December.

What a magical feeling it was!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

Hola NY Happy!

It seems that they go up around Thanksgiving and stay up just past New Years!

I love being at the resort around the holiday...and having the holiday last so long is neat too!

Happy Travels to you!

bb/mt

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

Thanks!

I guess the consensus is that it's a magical time in Punta Cana during the holidays.

Now, let's see what can be done to experience it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Level Contributor
19 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

You all make it sound so wonderous! My husband and I are scheduled for the week between Christmas and New Years! I can't wait!

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
351 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

I've spent many Xmas's in the dom. rep. + one thing is for sure------sand + palm trees were good enough for Baby Jesus-- it works really well for me! Xmas eve here is like our Xmas Day--it's the "big day". Lots of fun-Xmas Day itself is a "family day". Very quiet-very family oriented. Being in a 3rd world country for the "holidays" makes you really examine your values + interpretation of what the true meaning of Xmas is!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

Our family's favorite Christmas holidays were in PuntaCana. We went for three years. They wrap the palm trees with white lights and the lobbies are so pretty. The food displays were awesome. I wish we were going again this year. Nice fireworks also.

The other poster is correct, the decorations go up right around Thanksgiving/first week in Dec. and stay until after New Years. You will have a fantastic holiday.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Decorations At Resorts

We always travel first two weeks in December and the decorations are up and complete when we arrive. The only time they weren't fully up was one year we flew out on the 28th Nov and over the first few days of our stay more and more lights were being added. Trees and all other decorations were up just adding more lights around the resort. I think you'll be surprised at just how much work they put into making the hotels look festive.

Travelling again this December and can't wait.