We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyservice star seating anyone?

Edmonton
12 posts
Save Topic
Skyservice star seating anyone?

has anyone flown skyservice star seating?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

From my understanding this is the first winter season that skyservice has offered star seating in Canada.

Edmonton
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

we have gone on air transat club seats and we will never go back to economy. treated like gold, first ones on the plane,no line ups, allowed more luggage, drinking champaine when the economy people were boarding, deluxe meal with little table cloths on your table, and hot towels before the meal come, worth the money. but skyservice we dont know but would love to see some feedback on the subject

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

Holy smokes that's not what skyservice is offering. Transat Holidays treats their client like kings & queens.

Star Class $200.00 per person out of Winnipeg.

Signature Vacations is pleased to offer clients the option of booking.

Star Class seats on SkyService flights departing November 01, 2008 onwards

Minimum 35" seat pitch

Priority check-in and baggage handling and priority boarding

Baggage allowance of 30kg per person

Complimentary bar service onboard

Complimentary headset on Southbound flight

Complimentary Seat Selection (Value of 30.00 P.P R/T)

Edmonton
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

what about the meals are they the same as economy?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

I called Signature about this when their new winter book came out, and yes, the meals are the same. For 200 bucks you would think they wouldn't serve the same boxed meal as everyone else, and they would have movie monitors behind each of the seats the same way West Jet does.

I've used Signature/Skyservice for the past 4 yrs and I must say that we've been treated very well by both companies - knock on wood. We're using them again for our Jan/09 vacation to the Majestic.

Edmonton
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

so hearing this do you think it is worth it? do you get on the plane before everyone else? line ups?

murillo
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

We have flown with Sky Squish before.Air Transat is way better.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

We try our best to fly Air Transat but have yet to take the plunge in the Club Class. What does that cost?

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
656 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

csbrew -it depends on where you fly from. I fly out of Halifax and it is 360.00 for both ways. Also you don't have to book both ways. You can fly down first class and back ecomoy or vica versa....Hola from the Cape

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Skyservice star seating anyone?

Hi csbrew

We are flying Club Class on Air Transat on Feb. 13 to The Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and the cost is $100 per person each way - $200 return per person. We have flown Club Class to Athens, Greece and it is ab-fab. It is well worth the money (if you have the extra to splurge), even if it is a 4 - 4-1/2 hour flight. One of the beauties of it is 1 washroom for only about 19 people - Heaven! Along with what one of the previous posters said about the food, libations (booze) and the extra, extra large seats and legroom- again Heaven!

Happy Traveling

Ron