We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

From Jan. to Aug., there were all kinds of good and bad reports about this new resort. Since then - nada! Is it still open? If so, and if you have any info, could you please post what you know? Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

from what i had read a while back ( don't know if it's 100% true) but they said it was closing down to redo a bunch of the issues they were having.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

I am also wondering about this - we are supposed to be going in the end of January and can't get anything out of the travel agent or the trip provider and it seems that no one knows anythig. If anyone knows anything about this, I would really like to know.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

i discussed this with friends this morning,

they told me it is still closed.

Mike

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

Have you heard anything at all as to when they are supposed to be re-opening? And what happens for the pre-sold vacation packages? Are they being refunded? We can not get any information from anyone.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

I tried e-mailing the resort. They always used to reply to my questions before. Now - no answer! We have asked our travel agent to look for a comparable resort during the same time - too many "ifs" for our liking!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

Their website opens the home page but everything else is under construction

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

Lovely. I called itravel2000.com and they told me that they would find out what is going on.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

in case of puchased shares for a resort which closed shortly after it's opening i would recommend to contact the person who sold you the shares.

til today i did not even find somebody who could tell me accurately WHY they are closed.

and the opening been so quiet running that even right here been heard nearly nothing about it, so i would assume on that "opening" been not that much customers there, otherwise we should find a bunch of reviews.

happy travel

Mike

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

itravel2000 called me back and informed me that Sunquest says the resort is closed, but will be reopening in January. How truthful that is, I don't know? Anyhow, we are supposed to be going at the end of January, so I am not sure it's going to fly.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent reviews on Colony Bay Resort?

how truthful?????

heck buddy,

they opened and they had their bookings from there on, they had to cllse down completely then, something i never realized on any other resort over here(why they had to close???).

so build your own opinion on what you trust on such a company's word or not.

i don't tell my own opinion,

'cause we have to stay family friendly on the bord, lol

Mike