We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone use bookit ?

Boston...
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
anyone use bookit ?

Hi

Wanted to know if anyone out there has used them for their travel plans and what your experience was good or bad. Thanks for any info.

Belpre, Ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone use bookit ?

hi there, i have never used Book It but i have used it in researching my trips to the D.R. I didnt find any deals that were in my price range. there are some great deals on beachdestinations.com and they let you break it up into payments. we have always used apple vacations to book our trips and have never had a problem and we get some great deals there too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone use bookit ?

Thanks blubunni,

I found an awesome deal on bookit. I also priced out at beachdestinations and bookit comes back 300 cheaper. Just not sure how reliable they are.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone use bookit ?

I used bookit for the hotel and transfers for my trip next week to Jamaica (flight was with frequent flier points); great price for the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton when I booked it a few months ago. So far everything is as advertised, on-time credit card charges, vouchers available in a timely fashion.

I'll be able to say more when we return on December 4th.

Gregg

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone use bookit ?

Like Gregg, I used Bookit! for my upcoming vacation to the Elegance next month. Until now, charges to my credit card have been done in a timely manner. I will have a full opinion next month when my holiday is over.

Boston...
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone use bookit ?

Thanks for the replys.... I hope you all have a great vacation. Looking forward to more info when you all get back.

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone use bookit ?

Be-careful using them. My buddy used them and had problems no problems with they payment part. He had a problem when they got to the resort they weren't in the reservation system they never sent the reservation to the resort. He tried to contact Bookit i believe they are based in Florida but when you have to call them the calls are routed to where ever they go it could be India,Mexico,or etc..and the employee's really have no travel knowledge they are just order-takers. He said between calling them about 3 times talking to someone at one of there call centers,each call routed to a different county talking to someone new each time It took them about 5 hrs to get their reservations sent cause nobody knew what to do.

Boston...
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone use bookit ?

JohnandJulie,

Thanks... That's why I posted here. I've heard that about them, that when you get to your resort they either don't have res. or your the first to get bumped to another resort if full or over booked. Figured I would check on forum to see if anyone had first hand experiences with this problem. Or was just hearsay. Thanks, maybe I should think twice, we are planning on traveling in late March and I know that's busy season don't want to take any chances.

WA
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone use bookit ?

We just got back from a trip with Bookit and everything went perfectly.

South Portland...
Level Contributor
538 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone use bookit ?

If you are traveling out of Logan, try discountvacations.com or TNTvacations.com. They are both very reputable, local and I've been doing alot of comparison shopping and few web sites can touch discountvacations.com.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone use bookit ?

We used bookit for our recent trip and everything was perfect!

I did confirm both the flight with the airline and the hotel reservation with the resort before leaving and everything was in perfect order.