We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

Has anyone out there booked this??? The prices are so much cheaper, but I'm not sure how I feel about not knowing where I am going until departure day. Currently for a booking in late February, I am told I will be sent to one of the following hotels:

Dreams Punta Cana, Paradisus Palma Real, Dreams Palm Beach, Iberostar Grand Hotel, Majestic Elegance & Moon Palace Punta Cana.....

I guess on the positive side, I won't be worrying if my hotel is "open" yet..since some of these are newbies...right?

Taylorville...
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

I have done two of the 6 golden apple deals to Punta Cana & have stayed at Dreams Punta Cana both times. I love Dreams. Thanks, Marilyn

Athens, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

BEWARE!!! We just bought the 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana, which was also described that way in our confirmation email. Now our travel documents say we have purchased a Dreams Square Deal PUJ or LRM, which means we'll wind up at one of the Dreams resorts but could be in La Romana instead of Punta Cana. We have contacted Apple and all they keep saying is we booked the Dreams Square Deal (even though we didn't) and that all the Dreams resorts are rated 6 Apples. I know that we will have a good time regardless of which resort we wind up staying at, but I just think it seemed a bit like false advertising.

Athens, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

BEWARE!!! We just bought the 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana, which was also described that way in our confirmation email. Now our travel documents say we have purchased a Dreams Square Deal PUJ or LRM, which means we'll wind up at one of the Dreams resorts but could be in La Romana instead of Punta Cana. We have contacted Apple and all they keep saying is we booked the Dreams Square Deal (even though we didn't) and that all the Dreams resorts are rated 6 Apples. I know that we will have a good time regardless of which resort we wind up staying at, but I just think it seemed a bit like false advertising.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

Did you book thru an agent? If so, the agent screwed up. There are both 6apple square deals and there are dreams square deals. 2 totally separate products.

Delaware
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

We did the 6 apple this past June and ended up at Riu Palace. At the time the Riu was part of the square deal, but it is not anymore. We did not like it, so the Apple representative arranged a transfer (for a fee) to Iberostar Bavara. It was nice. We wanted Dreams, but apparently they were booked

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

I'm actually surprised they would move you if you are put in a place you don't like. Bottom line is that you take the chance...gotta have the "roll the dice" attitude. I was more concerned about getting put into resorts that were too "green"....as far as liking a resort...that is the chance you took, right?

pittsburgh
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

The same thing happened to me! I booked the 6 Apple square deal then the next thing I know my travel documents show up with Dreams square deal on them. I called my travel agent to ask her "what the heck is going on" and they acted like I always booked a Dreams square deal. Number one, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Dreams swaure deal and second I am calling you to tell you there is a mistake and you are telling me I read wrong. I called my frined whom I am traveling with to confirm that we did in fact book the 6 Apple square deal. What do you think Apple is trying to do?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

Oh my gosh!!! I thought it was me... I thought i was going crazy. I knew that I booked the square deal. Nothing was said about the Dreams square deal. I knew that dreams was a 6 apple and may have been one of the hotels being offered in the "square deal" but this is very misleading!!! It just hurts to feel that someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. When I called my agent she said " NO, you booked the Dreams square deal." I think that people should be aware of this.. Thanks for posting comments. Now I know that i;m not going crazy and the only one in this situation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

what is a 6 apple square deal ?? have never heard of it.....

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal for Punta Cana

A Square Deal is when you go through Apple Vacations and you book a trip but you don't know where you will be staying until you go to the airport and they tell you. The only good thing about this is that it is a 6 apple hotel. Which means you will be at a nice hotel but you don't know which one.