We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

England
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

Hi all you Americans & Canadians.

Not knocking Dom/Rep,Punta Cana,but It looks like The Bahamas & Bermuda Is nearer for you to enjoy a Vacation,(less travel time?),Or Is It you find them like us Brits far too expensive?,twice the price and some places/resorts there look nowhere as GOOD as Punta Cana to be In PARADISE,(Hopefully SOOOOOOOOON),Dreams Palm.

Thanks,

Tonky77.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
979 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

Hi tonky77,

The Bahamas and Bermuda are beautiful, but, if we are hoping for warm weather we need to go further south.

I have been to the Bahamas in November when the pools were cold, you needed a sweater to walk the beach in the morning but, it was beautiful. Bermuda is also incredibly expensive.

Not that you can ever guarantee weather but to increase your chances of that wonderful Caribean weather, we go south. The closer to the equator the better!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

I have been to all three places, and while I love all three, Bermuda is way too expensive to spend a week! A few years ago, I paid $7 for a bottle of water at the beach! Horseshoe Bay Beach is one of my favorites though!

The Bahamas are also a favorite of mine, as I have been there about 5 times, but in the winter, it can be cool. You definitely can't be the Atlantis, but you will pay for it!

You get more bang for your buck in the DR!

White Horse Beach...
Level Contributor
375 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

hi tonky77, when are you planning on going? Because Bermuda is COLD in the winter, period. I was in the Bahamas in January and it was beautiful. 75-80 degrees every day, no rain and the water temp was around 70 degrees. I think it was perfect. My husband likes it a bit warmer, and that is why we are going to PC this year.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

we have also gone to bermuda,(very expensive) and the Atlantis,bahamas (really expensive) and we go to aruba every year, expensive...

we are thinking of punta cana this year, we have never gone there and we have also never done an AI before....i am hoping that i am making the right choice....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

Sheri - we had never done an AI vacation til we went to PC - and other than the amazing road trips that we take each summer to the US of A I would not do it any other way - it is so much fun to do what you want - when you want - and never think about anything other than how much fun you are having. That is how I feel about AI - kindest regards, Leigh

England
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

Thanks Erin0311 & everbody else,all just confirms what we Brits Think,so D/R Punta Cana Is by far the Best*****.

Will be winging our way there SOOOOOON,for first time so I know from everybody we will not be DISSAPOINTED.

tonky77.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

Been to all those destinations and P.C. is by far the best, cheapest and warmest.

8. Re: Dom Republic Vs The Bahamas or Bermuda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 06:29