We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

wales
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

can anyone tell me what the flight duration is from London gatwick to Punta cana is in Feb? working out the time difference i'm geting about 12 hours would this be right?

cheers guys.

Happy new year!

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

The flight is around 9 hours approx (depending on wind direction etc). There is a 4 hour time difference (they are 4 hours behind). So our flight left Gatwick at 10am. Flight of 9 hours takes you 7pm, clocks back means you land 3pm local time. We actually landed at 3.20pm as Gatwick is so busy it takes about 20minutes to taxi and takeoff.

wales
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

Thanks,

I'm a bit confused though as we are flying with thomas cook from gatwick 10:30 arrive at 18:30 so thats what makes me think we are having a 12 hour flight.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

we went with t.c. and the flight was 8+ half hrs. it was in sept and was then 5hrs time differance. dont worry about what the schedule says time wise (it is maybe landing still in u.k. time or something like that), the flight passes very quickly. bg

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

We have been three times now and have never been in the air longer than 9.5 hours.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
133 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

Click on this... flightaware.com/live/flight/TCX48K/history and you'll see the flight times on various days. Take off about 30 minutes from the Manchester times and you'll be pretty close.

Hope you get a tail wind on your day of travel.

england
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

Hi there

Those tail winds are "awesome"

We had one that was 150mph made our air speed 670knots . Did that trip in 8.15 min .

Mind you still had to wait for "berth" when we arrived at Gatwick, so no benefit really.

Happy Hols

Sparky

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

I was going to book with TC for next Easter, but at the time I was looking, the flight left Gatwick via Manchester - I didn't fancy that so booked something else. l have looked since and see the flight is now direct. You may want to check with TC that your flight is direct, as that could be the reason for the 12 hours you are seeing.

wales
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

I rang them today, they told me it's going via Manchester hense the long flight duration,

Bummer really cos' was'nt told at time of booking that there was a stop over - worth it when I get there though!

Thanks

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

Yes, I was about to book and then noticed the special conditions button on their website. :(

Bournemouth Dorset
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: flight duration gatwick 2 punta cana in feb

we are also flying on flight tcx48k gatwick / punta cana 14/1/09 and did not realise there was a stop at manchester making it a 12 hour flight ! 9 hrs is long enough, just hope there is tv in headrest as there was on thomsonfly last january