We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Adults Only?

USA
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Best Adults Only?

Aside from the PPR and Elegance adult sections, which resort would you suggest for adults only? Looking for something built within the last 5 years, spacious and good food ratings....should also have those bali-style beds as well.

Thanks

Hanover,On.
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Adults Only?

No ? about it bahia principe Ambar, was there in Nov. Beautifull

USA
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Adults Only?

doesn't look like they have the bali beds though...

canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Adults Only?

Iberostar Grand Bavaro.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,608 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Adults Only?

Wessie...although no doubt it will be a fine resort, it too is newly opened and likely to have opening issues, as literally all ground up resorts do.

Palma Real, although not exclusive to adults, has a relatively low number of kids and is definately a class resort worthy of consideration...and yes...they have bali beds available.

Cheers

PCMike

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Adults Only?

the Excellence is adults only and has the bali beds on the beach and in the pool area.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Adults Only?

PCP has bali beds on the beach.

USA
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Adults Only?

We have been to the PPR and loved it.

I looked at Photos of the Excellence...the rooms looked "dated"...how old is this resort?

I also did not see anything but regular lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Adults Only?

Mike101

EPC is 7 years old now perhaps even 8 but it has been refurbished.

What do you mean by regular beach beds?

If you check out the photos attached to my review you will see several of the beach and pool areas:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147293-d2…

It must be the top rated AO resort in PC for a reason

USA
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Adults Only?

Thanks flipflop...great photos!

U.S. Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Adults Only?

vienemo wrote:

"Wessie...although no doubt it will be a fine resort, it too is newly opened and likely to have opening issues, as literally all ground up resorts do."

Mike,

True that the resort just opened 2 weeks ago but there are two reviews of the new Iberostar Grand Bavaro posted on the web so far...one on TA and one on another forum. Both indicate that there are no significant issues with this resort unlike every other resort that has opened in PC in the last several years.

I think the IB Grand Bavaro opening suggests that given a solid plan and proper attention to the details of the execution of the plan, there is no good excuse for any resort opening in the shape that some have opened recently. These poorly planned "soft openings" generate considerable ill will among the resorts' clientele - something I would imaging can take quite a while and significant cost to overcome.