We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

alesslu
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

Can someone tell us what the court surface at the Gran bahia Bavaro is made of.....ashpahlt ?

Killingmewithworry
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

More like cracked concrete with craters. Last year when we were there, they were trying to fix them. If they maintained the pace they were working with last year...I doubt they're finished. They were using an extension cord with exposed wires. It was a bit of joke. Don't expect too much. These courts are nothing like those at Club Med.

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
432 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

I thought the courts were going to be in awful shape from what I read here. The truth is they are all resurfaced with NO cracks, gaps etc. They are blue, which I personally do not like.However they look like regular outside courts in the US-not clay, but whatever else that hard surface is called.

Killingmewithworry
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

Sorry...we stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe PC not the Bavaro. They were definitely not blue last year. Perhaps they were finally fixed!

4. Re: what is the tennis court surface at the \Gran bahia bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 13:21