We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Oshawa
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Just got back from a wonderful trip to the Catalonia bavaro beach. Seen both sections Royal and regular..I stayed on the regular side ( Highly recommend it, unless you want absolute quietnes) Age range of our group was 30 - 65 yrs old... Any questions pls pass them along I can try my best to help answer them..Left from Toronto Ontario

Bowmanville

Mentioned in this post
White Horse Beach...
Level Contributor
375 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time. I will be leaving on the 15th and wonder how you felt about the buffet food?

Oshawa
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

You will have a great time..The Buffet, was a large variety, we did all mornings at the main one by the lobby and I had over easy eggs made just right..You can grill sandwich's or at the back ( which I didn't see till later) is toasters..wide variety of breads, bacon/french toast Fresh made donuts right infront of you..crousants, ham, hash browns, fresh fruits etc...Coffee was OK ( went through my hubby..lol) Orange juice is more like a punch but you can make smoothies, chocolate milk heck even hot chocolate.etc././Lunch we did the beach buffet a cpl times ( that we had to drag ourselves away from the pizza/chicken...LOl) There you had chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages ( don't recommend these) french fries, salads, fruits, anything you can think of then pretty much had it..Shrimps and seafood aswell. Anything else I can help with just send a line..Prepare to get fat!

kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.

What was the beach like, was there alot of seaweed? Did you have any issues with the staff, room cleanliness, or bugs?

US
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

We have heard quite a bit about people getting sick at the Catalonia on the regular side. Did you see/hear anything like that?

Mentioned in this post
toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

7 of us were there between Jan 23 -30. 4 adults, 3 kids - noone in our party got sick and my husband and daughter have very sensitive stomachs.

Oshawa
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Beach, was really nice white and sandy..Played many many volleyball games on it..As for the seaweed sure there are some but the resort does it's best to clean'r up....It's mother nature there is not much you can do about it..However we went in the ocean and had no problems..very very nice. Rooms: Ours were great, our maid usually had our room cleaned by lunch time, but I was only popping in to grab something you are not in your room much at all....Bugs notta..we had nothing in our rooms, not bugs at night bothered us we were laughing the whole time... umm oh yeah food, 10 in our group not one sole was sick and we all tried alot of things same and different from one another..No one was hurt..lol

Oshawa
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Nope as I wrote 10 of us were there and we all tried different things and no-one was sick!! As long as you don't count the odd hangover...lol

Also forgot above from last post..Staff not one issue..some don't speak good english but you manage to get what it is you are looking for..I mean we are in Dominican they should expect us to speak their language...LOL

NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Hello, glad to hear that you had a good time. My wife and I are going there in Mach of 09 and we were wondering if you had a chance to use the spa treatments. Are the massages any good and how was the food at the restaurants and drinks at the bar. Is there anything we should bring to the resort? Any insider’s advice would be greatly appreciated.

toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

I had a massage on the beach - it was very good and relaxing!

toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Catalonia...Any Questions I can help

Also, I always travel with everything I need, eg - meds just in case etc (never had to use them) but there is a general store and a pharmacy on site should you forget something. For the most part they had the basics, alka seltzer, tylenol, cold meds, sunscreen, aloe, etc.

The food at the restaurants was good, just don't order the ribs at the american - they were tough and didn't take right, but the steak was amazing. Very tasty. My fave restaurants are as follows: Italian, Japanese, Mexican, American, buffet was good too, something for everyone.

The drinks at the bars were good, the best was the lobby bar, but the swim up and beach bars were good too...strong!

Enjoy!