We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel

Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
snorkel

we will be staying at Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro from 16 to 23 march, I would like to know if anyone knows if we can snorkel off the beach there and is there lots to see?

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkel

Haven't been to the GBP, but at DREAMS PC we snorkled right off the beach where there were some corals.

We saw numerous types of strange looking fishies. Some would even eat bread right out of your hand!!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,069 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkel

Yes you can snorkel off the Bahia, but a lot depends on the winds and surf conditions.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkel

My hubby and I were there last week and found that there was better snorkeling to the left (when facing the ocean) of the resort at the Majestic.

We brought our towels, our gear, bread and bananas and hung out there for a few hours. There was a nice coral reef with all sorts of interesting looking fish who would eat the bread and bananas from our hands.

I wasn't sure if it was ok to use Majestic's beach, but it is a public beach and we didn't use any of their facilities, so I guess it was ok. No one complained.

kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkel

At the Majestic there were tons of pipefish, blue tangs, and hawkfish. It was really nice to see so many beautiful fish. AS for reefs, they won't be directly off the shore, you will have to snorkel a little bit away from the human traffic.

5. Re: snorkel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 19:19