We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

has going to punta cana changed how you live your daily life back home ? since going there last year my life has changed . the minute i stepped off the plane i was hit with some magical air. i immediately came over all calm and all the stress flew away and even when i got home i have not been stressed the way i used to be. life is lived at a fast pace but the terrible inner tension is not there anymore. things don't faze me or stress me the way they used to do. what magic is in that air in punta cana to change in me something i have suffered from since a child ? i will be back for some more of that air and hopefully will come home with that same feeling again. has anyone else had a change in there life style from going there. bg

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

What a WONDERFUL and refreshing topic !

Yes, bg, life is very different for us since we made this country our home away from home. We’ve learned so much about ourselves and our true position in life. It can happen to anyone, if they let it...

~At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist us~

Thanks for sharing !

Peace

Lea

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

OMG that is so funny.We went to the DR for an anniversary 4 years ago and something magical happened. Keep in mind, this was a 15 year anniversary. I felt we needed something special as we get into that hum drum way of life. you know, jobs, kids, stress etc.... We went back every year except last year. We decided to go to St Lucia in April. Great trip but something was missing. We flew back to the DR 5 weeks later and are goin back again at the end of March for our 18th anniversary. As far as do I live my life different?.....YES. I think Im a little more tolerant of the things that used to urk the crap outa me. YOLO You Only Live Once. Cant wait to say "estoy en casa" I AM HOME

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

yes your right , things that irked the s*** out of me no longer make me rant and rage. the one exception is when when I'm driving and i am still screaming abuse as i drive when i have some a*** h*** in front of me not knowing where/what he or she is doing. but maybe after this trip it will have gone from inside me to. no road rage would be a new thing for me as i have had that ongoing for twenty plus years. standing in a queue is easy now and being nice to the hotel guests / public at my work is a lot less of a hassle too. bg

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

i am tanner than i used to be and my spanish is a little better

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

Hey bg,

Did Punta Cana change my life? Nope, I did, but it provided a beautiful setting!

I went with 4 of my best, oldest, dearest girlfriends in 2005.

I came home and asked for a divorce.

It was a strength gathering, life pondering, worst time, best time of my life.

They gave me the power to do what I needed to do.

I love those girls.

Always will.

Today, I am stronger (and happier!) than ever...

-Surf:)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

thats great, i did that same thing ten years ago , going away with oldest friend and sorted my life out in the same way as you did, and i later found the life time soul mate that i have now with my new partner. its takes huge amount of inner power to grip with both hands what you have to do to straighten your life out and put you on the road to happiness and inner strenght. bg

Grand Island NY
Level Contributor
238 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

Punta Cana has made me a vacation addict. All I do is read tripadvisor and all the other travel websites including price checking trips all the time.

I wish my next vacation was Punta Cana but it is skiing.....I have to wait till May for Punta Cana

Julie

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

Im heading to PC in March to get away and try to gain stregth for my soalmate who is battling cancer. Im a mess with all of this and I need to lay on the beach with my daughter and basically cleanse my mind and sole and return a much sronger woman for him. All of your posts have already given me stregth and hope. Thanks!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

Good luck chigal,

I wish you strength and peace on your vacation.

-surf:)

Kelowna
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: has punta cana changed how you live your life ?

It changes my spending habits so that I make sure I've got enough money in my bank, credit card, line of credit, buried in a jar in the garden, or whatever it takes to pay for my winter vacation!