We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

Worth the extra money?

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
445 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

hubby and I stayed in the oceanview suite about 3 years ago when it was fairly new and we loved it - great view - close to pool, beach, seafood restaurant, etc. would depend on how much more....

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

$300 total more.

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

Yes...and No.

Depends on the privacy you want, I guess. We have stayed in 3 different room types. Majestic Jr. Suite, Colonial Jr. Suite oceanfront, and a Standard JrSuite. I'm sure you know by now that the interior of all of these rooms are the same.

While the terrace of CJS is HUGE, and the outdoor jacuzzi is wonderful, and everything about the CJS is amazing, the only way you could view anything but the sky was to stand at the edge. The whole terrace has a pretty wall surrounding it. I guess that's a good thing, cause they DO advertise 'private'. So...if you wanted to just sit, have a cocktail and people/ocean watch from your lounger or chair, it's not gonna happen unless you get a corner room. The corner rooms have a bit of a railing on the side that let you look out. Don’t get me wrong…these rooms are great…but for me, I thought I wanted the privacy..but as it turns out, not that much privacy. Guess I'm too nosy!

Here's some pics so you can see what I mean. (These pics were taken when the resort was new. The loungers now have cushions on them, and the table and chairs have been replaced with nicer ones.)

So, would I pay the extra $$ for a CJS oceanfront??? $300 per person?? Hmmm..don't know, but I’d really really want room 2349.

http://tinyurl.com/ao5jxz

4. Re: Anyone stayed in a Colonial JR Suite Oceanfront at Colonial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 05:25