We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Hi there,

We generally cruise for our vacations however the last cruise was a little to rocky for my wife's liking so we're taking a shot at an All Inclusive vacation this time around.

We usually like to vacation late January to get away from the Great White North for a week of sunshine and relaxation.

We are both in our early fourties, we both like to have fun and enjoy a little after dinner entertainment, good dining, fabulous beach, nice pool and some sort of area to shop.

A adult only resort would be great but not mandatory.

To be honest with you I've looked at so many reviews my head is spinning. We like the look of Secret's however I understand the beach is just so-so.

Can anyone please help suggest a place or two that may suit us?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

NJ
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

For me it was a choice btwn Melia Caribe Tropical, & Secrets, we heard good things about both resorts, but the clincher was that a friend just got back from the M C T, and raved...so we booked the MCT for the 1st wk in Oct. It is my understanding that you really cant go wrong with either resort.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Hi Dan I also replied on my thread as well so this might be a repeat for you (sorry)

We have been the before,it will be our 4th trip. The beach is awsome,tons of soft white sand and lots of waves to go bookie bording. A short 5 minute walt to the left or right and you have beautifull calm waters. (Secrets has it all)

We vacationed there in April of 2002 and were engaged there in May of 2004 and were Married there in April of this year.

I have a great map and some pictures if you would like to see them. teryanne@aci.on.ca also tons of information

We live in Aurora, I notice you are also from Toronto.

We always book and travel with Airtransat holidays and we love them

Hope to see you at Person on the 7th of January

Terry aka secretsbride

Bathurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Melia Tropical is a great resort we were there last year. But for our next trip (2006) after reading lots of reviews we are going to Bahia Principe Punta Cana.6 months to go can't wait.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Bahia is nice! Nicer stretch of beach too!

:)

Also read the reviews on Grand Palladium Palace Resort and Spa - stunning beach also!

jmp
Ontario,CAN
Level Contributor
257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help these cruise people find the right AI...

Hi Dan, my vote is also for secrets, great pool, beach and food. The only thing that I honestly don't remember was the shopping in the area, I noticed that it was one of your requirements but I don't remember seeing much of it.