We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I have just received an e-mail from my booking agent advising me that due to an ENFORCED MEASURE by the MC, I can no longer stay at this hotel and have been upgraded to the Grand Oasis Punta Cana.

We had booked this hotel in July 2008 and was due to stay there from 12/08/09 to 26/08/09 and I am now very dissapointed!!!!

Has anyone heard anything about what this enforced measure could be and / or what is the Grand Oasis Punta Cana like????

Any help is appreicated.

Thanks

Level Contributor
719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of that. I'm booked at the Majestic mid-May. Now I'm concerned.

kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I would contact Annmarie at Majestic and find out what's going on?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I have e-mailed Annemarie and am awaiting a reply and have also asked me travel agent to investigate further.

There doesn't seem to be abything going on at the hotel as I can still make a new booking today!! I think it is down to cost, as we got a really cheap deal when we booked last July, looks like nobody wants to honour this price anymore even though we have paid in full!!!

kitchener
Level Contributor
687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I sent her a msg too. I just booked my trip for May last week without issue? It could be just that due to the rise in fuel costs?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I have no direct knowledge of your situation or what in the heck an "enforced measure" is but I will tell you that hotels are often the scapegoats for travel agent or tour operator errors. I'm not saying that MC shoulders no blame but it may or may not actually be the case.

BTW, personally I would not consider Grand Oasis Punta Cana to be a lateral transfer from MC, let alone an upgrade.

Just one man's opinion.

Gregg

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

We are travelling to Majestic in May also and booked in july of 08. I haven't heard anything about our trip yet--Now I'm getting nervous!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

Yeah, this sounds to me like your travel agent messed something up. It's not even high season. If you can get confirmation from the Majestic that rooms are available for your dates I'd insist your travel agent honor your reservation.

Good Luck!

-Brugal

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I've checked and can still get rooms for my original dates and all my tour operator will say is that it is an issue between Jumbo Tours and the MC.

Will not be accepting Jumbo Tours idea of an upgrade at the Grand Oasis - doesn't come anywhere near the MC standards or reputation - my only hope is that Annemarie can help.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

I've been poking around about the term "enforced measure" which is contractual language. As best I can tell somehow one of the parties Majestic or Jumbo apparently breached their contract and you are caught in the middle. It would appear to me as an untrained bystander that if Majestic is enforcing some remedy from within the contract then they are claiming that Jumbo has breached the contract. At least that's how it appears to this layman.

If, in fact this is what has happened then I doubt that AnneMarie can assist as this issue will have already been addressed by someone with a much higher pay grade.

Gregg

halifax
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial HELP!!!!!!!!

Wow! we are headibg to MC in less than 2 weeks. Like you, we booked far in advance. Hopefully, your Travel Agent can shed some light on this situation for you!

Good luck!