We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Hi there,

Just wondered whether anyone has upgraded to Premium seats with Thomson on a long haul trip to Punta Cana before? What did you get extra for the £150 per person? Thinking of doing it for me and my partner, but wanted honest account before i shell out.

Thanks

Peatree

x

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana Small-Group Sailing and...
331 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Free Cancellation
Day Trip to Saona Island and Altos de...
77 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Free Cancellation
Punta Cana Discovery Package: Dune...
141 Reviews
from US$99.99*
Free Cancellation
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

is it with a Thomas cook flight. if so you get more options on the TV like sport films and TV progs and games. you get drinks and snacks and different pillows and blankets and a small travel kit to keep also free ear phones for the TV sets. a bit more leg room also but not much. you get a special speedy check in line to use . i think that its not much for the price, i mean how can you drink that amount of money and i think its better to buy exit seats and have far more legs room to get up and about . i can live without the other stuff. but hubby has bought us premium seat this time and I'm not fussed. bg

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
42,975 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Extra luggage allowance

Priority check in and boarding

Dedicated Premium cabin crew

Pre-take off cocktail and complimentary drinks throughout your flight (excluding champagne)

At least 36” seat pitch

Choice of at least 12 movies and 10 interactive games

Free headphones

Personal 9” widescreen seat back TV

Luxury pampering pack

Choice of four course meal and snack before landing.

We always upgrade to Premium because my hubby likes the extra legroom being 6'2" plus he prefers the Premium check-in desk, no long queues.

Hope this helps,

Angie.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Ditto to the above...we wouldn't even fly charter long haul unless we booked prem. economy. My husband loves it for the extra legroom as he's over 6', (although standard economy has been improved , now with a 33" seat pitch which isn't bad at all), and I like it for the dedicated check in and slightly better service. But so you know £150 is a good price...certain times of the year it can be £250 +++.

Depends on how important the extras you get are to you.

Lisa x

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
646 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Its the only way we travel charter - because i am claustrophobic - so even just the shorter check in lines make it worth it for us. But as has already been said, it depends upon what is important to you. For us - extra luggage allowance, priority check in (both ends), more room, better food, inclusive drinks and less anxiety about where you are going to be sitting.

However, a lot of people are really satisfied with the regular seats as Thomson is a good airline - not as cramped as others and the food and service are good.

Just depends on what is important to you.

Good luck, whatever your decision.

England
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Hello,

As has been said it is a personal choice.

As flights with Thompson / First Choice have pretty good leg room in their ordinary seating we (I'm 5'8", OH is 6'2") prefer to spend the extra £ on either a better hotel or some more excursions.

However, we've never flown longer than 13 hours in one go so I don't know if I'd feel the same way on a longer flight.

Have a lovely holiday which ever way you decide to travel.

durham
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

one thing to be aware of is you are not guarenteed to sit together, we were offered upgrade last year and paid extra only to be sat one behind other - not good on a long flight

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
760 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

We upgraded last year with Thomsons, as we were flying to PV in Mexico 12hr flight.

We had had the holiday booked for 5 months,paying £250 each extra.

On checking in we were told we wouldn't be seated together,we were one behind each other, when we complained they told us to take the matter up with customer services who more or less told us we must have been one of the last couples to book the premium seats.The plane's seating was 2-3-2 so unless there are 3 of you travelling together this must happen so beware !!

I was really annoyed when the couple I had to sit with informed me they had only booked 3 weeks before and got the upgrades for £150.

I made the senior steward aware of this fact and she gave us a letter to give to our rep on resort, she had to get back to reservations back in England to change the seating on the flight home, but there was no guarantee and we did not know until check in back to the UK. Yes they did rearrange the seating, only to leave another couple unhappy on the return flight.

Hubby said he quite liked sitting infront of me because he could recline his seat ALL the way back hehe.

We too are flying long haul to PC this year with Thomsons but are not paying for an upgrade, and sitting together and extra luggage is included so we will see what this year brings

Happy Holidays

Newton abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Hi Mate

We always upgrade, work it out like this, its a ten hour flight both ways, 20 hours in a cigar tube flying at 200mph, for 200 quidish is £10 per hour.

Free drinks better grub more leg room and, your not in with the great unwashed. BARGAIN

Hi Angie, read your reply.

Roysie

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
42,975 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Roysie,

What a small world this is you being from NA as well, its a first though, usually Torquay,Paignton or the others nearest are Bristol.

Angie.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone Upgraded to Premium Seat with Thomson to PC before?

Hi Guys,

I have managed to upgrade to the Premium Seats for our Thomson Punta Cana flight in july and am excited to find out how good it is. Didnt realise that you are not guaranteed to be sat next to each other though! So will have to ring up about that on Monday.

Peatree

x

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic