We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

Did you encounter a lot of kids while there? I just don't want to go and it be like a Saturday and my local public pool with kids running around with water guns and such.

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

Mostly younger ones when we were there in January. Saw no running around with water guns :)

There is a shallow wading pool where most of the young ones go. Easy enough to avoid, since the pool stretches the length of the resort. The only downfall, I thought, was that this wading pool is right in the middle of the 'action'...daily activities, pool bar, music.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

Like, more than 20?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

Much depends on the time of year you travel. If you travel when the US school kids are off school you will encounter a good number of kids of all ages. We were there the week after Thanksgiving and the number of children was very manageable.

ottawa, ont.
Level Contributor
853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

If its a real issue for you, why not book an adults only resort?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

When I was there I think I saw maybe 10 kids the whole trip and they were very well behaved.

I second the A/I suggestion. Excellence is a great resort and the Iberostar Grand looks amazing.

-Brugal

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

I meant A/O (Adults Only) not A/I. We really need an edit feature on T/A! :-)

-Brugal

South Portland...
Level Contributor
538 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

I've been twice, once in March and once during April - only an issue one day. The last day of our trip last year, a Friday a class of High school seniors invaded the resort causing quite a stir. they were in the fountain ponds, jumping off the bridges. We were glad to be leaving when we did.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

It's not a HUGE concern but something to think about. The only A\O resort I'm considering would be Excellence- which would run me about $500 more my trip.

ottawa, ontario...
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

I was there in Feb and there were not alot of kids. THere were very few teenagers, most children were 1-6 yrs old and there was maybe 10-15 at most.

It is a huge pool and the beach has even less children. Now if you walk the beach u will see lots of kids at other resorts. Try to travel while school is still in and not when they are out for summer vacation.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
908 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those that have visited the Majestic Colonial..

Hiya

When I went in October the only kids I saw were toddlers and there wasn't that many of them to tell the truth.

I think it is not a resort that many bring their older kids to because of the room layouts.

xxx