We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Kentucky, USA
4 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Greetings everyone,

My wife and are looking for an all-inclusive adults only resort for our one-year wedding anniversary. Neither of us has been to Punta Cana but it looks gorgeous.

We have narrowed our resorts down to Excellence Punta Cana and The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

Has anyone been to both of the resorts that could compare and contrast? Which resort would you recommend and why? I have heard great things about both, but would like to get feedback from someone who has stayed both.

My wife and I were married last November at The Royal Playa del Carmen and if anyone is interested in visiting that resort, I would be more than happy to provide feedback. That was the nicest place I have ever stayed at in my 26 years of existence, ha ha. Simply spectacular!

Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

murillo
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

We were at both in the last 2 weeks.Unless you really love the beach, I would give the Palladium suites a 6 and Excellence a 9.99,out of 10.

Boston...
Level Contributor
322 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

I just booked Excellence via cheapcaribbean for my honeymoon!!! Cannot wait.

Kentucky, USA
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Bagokie-

Just read your reply. Thank you. I just want to CheapCaribbean.com and found a 7-night package for the same price my travel agent found for a 5-night package. I have never booked with CheapCaribbean.com. Is it legit/safe? Also, are you abel to put a down payment and pay off the rest of your balance by a certain date?

Let me know as I am super excited to book IMMEDIATELY!

THANK YOU!

Boston...
Level Contributor
322 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Hey! Book it. My husband and I hemmed and hawed about the couple hundred dollars variance from DC airports, flight times, etc. Cheap Caribbean has always been the cheapest price among all the other travel sites.

I booked, they give you an opportunity to send a note to the resort, enter your freq. flyer # if you have one for the airline, search for diff flights, pick your seats, etc. They sent me all of my travel vouchers and I emailed the resort to let them know we were coming and requested a pillow-top bed! I know, a bit much, but we're excited. We're going in June. The lowest price I saw was yesterday afternoon, it was 1321 from BWI and we waited. Today it was $100 more, but better flight times.

SO- bottom line, we feel good. Others on the board have utilized CC and a friend of mine booked her Barbados honeymoon a year ago through CC.

Hope this helps!

Boston...
Level Contributor
322 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

and yes, they have a deposit/pay the remainder 21 days b/f trip option.

right b/f you submit at the end of your booking, there's a paragraph that discusses the deposit option and then a "click here".

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

I've used Cheapcaribbean many times. I have never had a problem. Read everything carefully. I missed transfers the first time I booked and I don't do the insurance but ended up with it. First time I ever booked a trip off the internet. I was so excited about the price I neglected some important features.

Excellence is wonderful, highly recommend. The beach is not white.

Boston...
Level Contributor
322 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Yea- they're sneaky about the trip insurance...make sure to look at all of the checked boxes on the pricing page - the ins. is approx 200 and we did better on our own.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

Hi

If you want to get a good feel for what Excellence is like I suggest you check out the photos attached to my review - see link below:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147293-d2…

Heading backing for a third trip this September

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

can't compare. Only been to Royal Suites Turquesa.Loved it! I am a review hound, and I found that the Punta Cana Princess could be similar to The Royal Suites! Of course this is just from reading the reviews and forums?

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana VS. The Royal Suites Turquesa

We have been to both Excellence and Royal Suites Turquesa. You cant go wrong with either of them. Service is top notch at both. In our opinion the Royal Turquesa suited us better as the ocean is swim-able,beach area is nicer and you have more of a day/night life.