We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this for real....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
335 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is this for real....

Getting real creeped out...last few Bahia reviews people complaining of cockroaches in the rooms restaurants is there truth to this ?? Heading there in 2 weeks don't wish to share my room with such critters HELP!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this for real....

Can't comment on Bahia as I have never stayed there - however I do have experience at 3 different resorts in PC and maybe I just wasn't looking or we got lucky - cause the only critters we saw were those infamous 'ants' in and around the bathroom - once I left a mint out on the night stand and within seconds it was covered with the little buggers. It is tropical and those 'critters' of all species belong there - actually more than we do. Do not fret-you are heading to paradise after all - have a wonderful vacation, regards,

Leigh

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this for real....

I was there last year and was worried about the little critters but in 2 weeks I never seen the one and I am returning in 8 days for another 2 weeks, and I am not worried at all, very clean hotel, and the only thing I seen was a little Geco, by the pool once and he was so cute we fed him princles.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this for real....

i have not been to bahai, but we have seen very large cockroaches in our room both times in the DR. we now sleep with the bathroom light on and plug the tub. i dont know if it is true or not, but we were told they come up the drains in the bathroom. i have also been told they are more of a problem on ground floor room, not the upper levels. dont know if i was just being fed a line or not, but... either way, dont sweat the small stuff. i am quite certain they are more scared of you then you will be of them. have a great holiday!

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this for real....

Im going there on the 23rd for 2 weeks and the recent reviews have also concerned me. Im going with an open mind though, im sure if we encounter any problems the resort will do its best to solve them :) A few little bugs wouldnt put me off my holiday, as long as they arent crawling across my food obviously!

Ponoka, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this for real....

I just returned from the Bahia (Ambar section) on Thursday. There was not a bug in sight, anywhere!

london
Level Contributor
335 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this for real....

This my third visit to the Bahia do know how clean the resort is , had never encountered any bugs before ...first i heard of this at this resort...kinda hoping it isn;t true...i just have a fear of these bugs...however i am going anyways can't wait....heres hoping ps, thanks for the replys find everyone,s advice a great help!!!

cleveland
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this for real....

Hi, take a can of Raid (red can) with you that will put your mind at rest, but i'm sure you won't need it.

Enjoy, Mary.

Ottawa .Ont
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this for real....

HI everyone !

I'm not a 100% sure but i don't any kind of bug can travel through drain pipes because there shouldn't be any point of entry for bug and honestlyits just plain impossible with the amount of water going in these pipes all day long so hope that helps and by the way i make a living as a plumber so...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this for real....

I was at the Bahia in December, my second stay there in 1 year. Last year, no problem, had a room on the second floor. This year, we were given a room on the ground floor. Every day, we would kill approximately 10 long skinny bugs that looked like centipedes. At the beginning of our stay, we asked to change rooms. They told us come back to the reception at 2 pm (in my opinion, a stalling strategy, as I do not believe the resort was 100% full at that time). Not wanting to lose out on beach time, we decided not to do it, that we could live with the inconvenience. Let me tell you by the end of the week I was having nightmares about the bugs, and both my travel companion and I were completely grossed out. So, if anyone tells you they did not see bugs in their room, that may be true, but there are rooms with bugs on the resort. My advice is ask for a room higher up, and if you have problems, insist of being moved right away, or ask to speak to a manager. But don't let it ruin your vacation, Bahia is a great resort.

10. Re: Is this for real....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:22