We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana

What is the difference with the room: Standard from Preferred are the Preferred rooms bigger? Are the Preferred Club rooms bedding different from the Standard rooms? And are the bathrooms different?

Thanks

Mel

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

Hi Mel,

Yes the rooms are larger in preferred club and the bedding and amenities are all upgraded in the preferred club

You can read the difference here:

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/index.html

Hope this is helpful,

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

Hi there,

I have a question in regards to non-preferred versus preferred club....I was told that the preferred club option wasn't available when I booked my room because I was getting a package with a swim up room. However she checked into it and told me if we wanted to upgrade when we got to the resort (Aug 21-30, 2009) we could try 'slipping them $20 ' which I was kind of horrified that she thought I would do. Now she's checked into it and is telling me for us to upgrade it's over 280.00 EACH Canadian dollars! Can you give me any insight on your perspective of preferred club and how you arranged it....and, obviously, is it worth $500 (combined) for us to join? (I'm thinking its not lol)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

Duchess, I am wondering who "SHE" is that suggested you bribe the front desk?

If you want to get the "REAL" info on upgrades and what they would be I would suggest that you write down to Aida who is the Chief Conceirge:

Aida E. Cabrera

concierge@dreamspuntacana.com.do

The preferred club are in bldg 6 and 7 and they do not have swim up rooms.

For me the Preferred Club is worth it! I enjoy the location of bldg 6 and 7 and I enjoy the Preferred Club Lounge and the staff.

Hope this helps a bit...

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

WE stayed in a deluxe room our first trip and thr Preferred Club this past March (Only because the upgrade was the same as what we paid the year before)

The free internet was a nice perk, along with the towel service(didn't have to worry about the card)

The staff were very professional and aong the finest trained anywhere I have been.

The bathrooms are much bigger with walk i closets.

We would stay there again in a flash.

There is also a few more drinks in the mini-bar.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

The 'she' that I referred to is our flight agent at our travel agency. I personally don't like to assume that ANY hospitality staff are 'on the make' to pocket a few paltry dollars so a greedy tourist can enjoy more ammenitys and was really offended when she suggested this to me. I tried to just pass it off as me not being THAT seasoned a traveller and having travelled to Mayan Riviera the previous year did see alot of bartering and the result of excellent tipping on our part. I thank you for your help and I will definately write to the person you provided me with email. This same travel agent booked our wedding package honeymoon last June 7th, 2008 and upon arrival there were NO previously arranged wedding congratulations at the desk, no specialties in the room (as advertised) and no special attention to us throughout our stay. We weren't the type to whine and complain but this get away will definately be our 2nd change to capture the magic of romance so I'd like to make these little things smooth as silk BEFORE we get there just to be sure.

Thankyou again!

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

I can guarantee $20 wouldn't get you an upgrade anyways.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

Hola Duchess,

So sorry to read that you agent let those things fall between the cracks on your first trip...

Please send me a note ...

baltobabe@gmail.com

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

Well when she said it I just about dropped from where I was standing to a chair! How unprofessional of her to suggest I bribe a resident of a country I'm visiting?? I was speechless and not only that, I was mad that she could have put me in a really embarrasing situation as a proud Canadian by making us appear to be hillbillies with no class.

$20- doesn't even get McDonalds these days? Sheesh what an airhead she is!

9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 07:22