We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Melia tropical caribe?

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help Melia tropical caribe?

Thinking of going at xmas to this resort and I am curious to hear from anyone who has been there. We are considering the servio upgrade, wondering if it is worth it. How far away are the sroom in the servio section from the beach? How large was the pool and are kids aloud in this section?

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Hello

What is the servio upgrade? Do you mean Royal Service upgrade?

bb

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Boy...yes,thats what she meant.I heard it very expensive to upgrade.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

yes that is the upgrade, any suggestions? Have you been there?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

I am going in october,but i dont think it's worth paying all that money to have a butler,private pool.etc maybe if i was on my honeymoon then.

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Hi Again!

Royal Service

I've not stayed at the Melia but I know with Royal Service (Servicio Real) you have express check in and go directly to the private Royal Service lounge where they have a small reception exclusive for RS customers

In the lounge, which is very close to your room, there is internet service for you at no extra charge and there's fruit juice, coffee & tea and pastries at breakfast time and for the rest of the day light snacks & drinks are available.

There's also a small RS exclusive restaurant

You will have an RS bathrobe and slippers and when you check in you are given a pillow menu where you can select your preferred pillow type - all RS rooms have Jacuzzi

You will have butler service - he will receive your luggage from the hotel porter and unpack your bags and organise your room for you.

Your butler will make all your a la carte restaurant reservations for you and he's available to offer you assistance all day & every day during your stay.

Daily newspapers are delivered and the safe in your room is at no extra charge - although there is a tariff of U$10 daily for wireless b/band internet connection actually in your room

There is a section of the pool close to the rooms which is exclusive to you and you also have part of the beach which is just for RS customers and the lounges are beautiful.

There's even a RS train to take you around the resort!

They conduct a private check out at the end of your stay in the RS lounge.

Happy Christmas!

bb

NJ
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Im going to MCT in 3wks, and considered the Royal servico upgrade but declined....(my agent told me its $100pp per day extra!), but i also heard its an absoulutly awsome service.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Thank you for the info. We still can't decide where to stay. The Majestic colonial has a really good deal on at xmas as well. I am not sure if staying at a newly opened resort is a good deision though.

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

Thank you for the info. We still can't decide where to stay. The Majestic colonial has a really good deal on at xmas as well. I am not sure if staying at a newly opened resort is a good deision though.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

I think that service is good if you are handicapped or a very lazy person.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Melia tropical caribe?

I think it is insane to pay $100 pp per day for that kind of upgrade!!

I mean you can get AI room rates for cheaper than that in PC. No matter what, that is just not worth it, not that kind of money!!! Cayman Islands maybe, but give me a break, this is DR!!!!!!!!