We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding

Is there anywhere to horseback ride on the beach near the Majestic Colonial? If so are the horses in decent condition and how much? My son really wants to do this.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding

There is, Pat's Ranche is really only a 5 min drive waway and you get picked up form the lobby and returned aswell.

I went on a 2 hour ride and had a good time but must say the horses where not in the best state. Quite a few whith a lot of whip marks on their hide and general little lust for life.

People treat animals more like tools of a trade in those country's than as an itelligent creature.

If I had know this in advance I probbably would not have went.

I find it hard to say if you should or should not go but I am inclined to say not to do this.

I will not go again.

Amy

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horseback riding

We had been told by 3 different Apple reps to avoid the horse back riding due to unpredictable behavior.

They were getting reports of people getting hurt.

Cant confirm this but its what we were told.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horseback riding

I personally thought the horses where too tyred/worn down to be irratic or unpredictable. The one thing they where was quiet and easy going.

There is always a danger getting on a horse, it does not matter if you have 50 years of experience or 1 minute like me.

I did not feel it was dangerous for one sec, I was just concerned about the well being of the animals.

bus yes, there is aways a danger of falling off... always.

Amy

4. Re: horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 19:22