We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is punta cana for young people to party?

DC
2 posts
Save Topic
is punta cana for young people to party?

hey i am planning on going to punta cana for my 22nd bday with some firends...i am just wondering if it is the right place to go and party every night?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

Personally I think Cancun is better for a gang your age, althugh I'm sure you'd had fun in PC also.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

Perhaps you would prefer Playa del Carmen or Cancun, more in line of what you are looking for, lots of clubs to party in there. Punta Cana doesn't have many clubs ourside the resorts, a few I am told, but not many (each resort has it's own disco tho, but you are limited to your own resorts disco).

I find Punta Cana more laid back than Cancun or Playa del Carmen.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

Don't rule out the Dominican Republic - just come to Cabarete (North Coast). It's the perfect party town with good clubs lined up along the beach so you can party in your bare feet. The airport you would fly to is Puerto Plata but you need to make sure that any hotel you book is actually IN Cabarete itself, or very close by.

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

Yup, stay in Cabarete. Get a hotel or condo in Cabarete itself. Don't worry about AI resorts because you will want to be down at the beach bars every night anyway!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

You can do some partying in DR if you come with a group of friends. You need to make your own party as you really are at your resort and not able to go places off the resort usually. Most are out in the middle of no where and the surroundings are not that appealing to go out and about. Lots of people your age have a wonderful time at the resorts and it is a great safe place to have a good time. If you want wild parties, clubs, concerts than Cancun is the place to go. Just depends what you are looking for.

6. Re: is punta cana for young people to party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 16:18